Peak District Run Out, Sat 18th Jan

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Sainsbury's Matlock, DE4 3SP, 10.30am for a run around the Peak District sampling the great roads, delish food and yummy cakes, don't forget the views, we will have plenty of those as well.

Weather is set fair and it's a barmy 6 degrees, yep, not balmy, barmy. Club members, are you barmy enough to join us?

• Like 2

I'll try and be there if I get the car back together in time! 

Making the most of gardening leave by fitting a quick release wheel and removing/repainting the roll bar... The back end is in bits and while the new boss is fitted the new Momo (different PCD for the new boss) is currently due for delivery Friday or Saturday 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyPee said:

I’ll be there.

In which toy 😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

In which toy 😉

Ha ha. Westy is SORNed and in pieces. Roof on the Porsche still broken so it’ll be T-shirt weather again. Might even go full @6carjon and get my legs out! 🤢

• Haha 1

I'm grounded as I've just come home to a broken fridge and I can't get a new one delivered until Sat. So I'll be removing and refitting an integrated fridge, whilst you're all out eating the contents of other peoples fridges and hopefully having fun getting there!

the wife’s done a good temporary repair:

B88480C4-085D-49C0-8A6B-A749A0EF7615.jpeg

• Haha 4

Deep joy, I feel your pain. Well done to Jenette though for solving a problem and, oh my, didn't she do well in breaking the fridge and telling the delivery company to only deliver on Saturday 😀

It's Bill's hairy knees isn't it? just the thought of them has frightened you off, admit it 😂

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I'm grounded as I've just come home to a broken fridge and I can't get a new one delivered until Sat. So I'll be removing and refitting an integrated fridge, whilst you're all out eating the contents of other peoples fridges and hopefully having fun getting there!

the wife’s done a good temporary repair:

B88480C4-085D-49C0-8A6B-A749A0EF7615.jpeg

Don’t know what you’re problem is. Looks like your wife has already fixed it. Excuses excuses!  

• Haha 1

yep.. I'll be there.

Weather forecast is 'Brass monkeys' temperature

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO.  you mention the fridge was broken. 

I'm confused by the chair fix.. did the fridge become unruly after a breakdown and needed containment...I assume your new fridge will be better behaved?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

yep.. I'll be there.

Weather forecast is 'Brass monkeys' temperature

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO.  you mention the fridge was broken. 

I'm confused by the chair fix.. did the fridge become unruly after a breakdown and needed containment...I assume your new fridge will be better behaved?

The top piano hinge has failed and hence the door won't shut and let's the cold out! It is 19 years old, so has done well. I could replace the hinge, but it would be my luck the compressor would die a week later etc.

I booked the Sat delivery slot in a frantic search yesterday before leaving Germany. I was trying to find one for delivery/collection local today.

some cheaper options for the same fridge were we'll into next week!

Hence I've paid extra to stop in on a Sat ! :getmecoat:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Barnsley John said:

I can see who wares the dumbells in your house😁

Thanks John! I suggested the dumbell, when I was sent the picture of the chair arrangement!