What are your hobbies?

TAFKARM

23 hours ago, MCB said:

My new hobby is playing with wood, I’m currently making Toylander Landrovers with my students at school.

348EAB6B-39B2-41A6-9714-426ADF834564.jpeg

I started building a Toylander Scout for my son's 4th birthday, didn't get it finished in time so it's still in the back of the garage. He'll be 26 soon, must get on with it. 

• Haha 7

On 14/01/2020 at 14:42, NickBW said:

Thats great news.  I have problems with my Toylander so might give you a shout if thats ok?

No problem, we are currently designing and building a defender, hopefully that will be finished this year.

Mark

I suppose it qualifies as a hobby given how much money I spend on it, although I only do it on holiday - SCUBA diving. Discovered it late in life, but I fully intend to get some more dives done on this years trip, where I'll be "celebrating" my 60th.

• Like 2

I've got back into road cycling in the last year. Doing way more miles on the bike than in the Westfield.

I've done dinghy sailing with some club racing in the past, plus I'll always love mountain walking/scrambling.

10 hours ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Rock climbing

Used to do a lot, but now going to sell up my kit (inc new unused rope) and just keep enough for a bit of via ferratta

4 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Used to do a lot, but now going to sell up my kit (inc new unused rope) and just keep enough for a bit of via ferratta

Give me a shout when you are selling, may need some gear

12 hours ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Rock climbing and shooting are my main hobbies

9EECB206-3913-418A-B1FF-FC812D5D426D.jpeg

FB2BEFEC-F0BC-480F-8246-8215C79575C7.jpeg

09C1AEC6-7F9B-4CF8-B3F0-5768F79C3D6E.jpeg

Nice ton Ian (the bottom right is a squeaker but hopefully it gauged in?)!  I do quite a bit of smallbore, but fullbore TR is more my thing in the Summer months.

3 hours ago, Nick Mace said:

Nice ton Ian (the bottom right is a squeaker but hopefully it gauged in?)!  I do quite a bit of smallbore, but fullbore TR is more my thing in the Summer months.

Thanks Nick. Yes it squeaked in!

I am often at Bisley in the Summer with full-bore and in August for the Bisley week with small-bore at 50 & 100 yds.

17 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Thanks Nick. Yes it squeaked in!

I am often at Bisley in the Summer with full-bore and in August for the Bisley week with small-bore at 50 & 100 yds.

Good stuff.  Other than the Eley final (once), I haven't done the NSRA meeting.  I'd like to do it one day, but it will need to be when I've retired I think!

I don't often take the Westfield to Bisley, but do occasionally.  Most recently was when my Land Rover broke down one morning during the Imperial Meeting and my wife's car was already at Bisley from the day before (she shoots too).  That left us no option but to load all of our shooting gear into (and onto) the Westfield.  Fortunately our rifles were already at Bisley - that might have been a step too far!

I have a few hobbies.

My main hobby is collecting reptiles, insects or any other weird creatures I can get my hands on.

I have a 7 foot boa, 1 gecko, 2 scorpions, 1 centipede, did have 3 poison dart frogs and lovely pomeranian. This lot keep me busy.

My other hobby is collecting and selling cards. Namely Pokemon cards. I love it. Even have an instagram page set up for my ever growing collection :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Patrick Costello Joint Black Country AO said:

I have a 7 foot boa, 1 gecko, 2 scorpions, 1 centipede, did have 3 poison dart frogs and lovely pomeranian. This lot keep me busy.

I cant help thinking if more of us had been aware of your hobbies, you might not have had a much quieter and more peaceful life at times ;) :o :laugh:

• Like 1