What are your hobbies?

TAFKARM

6 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

crashing things...

Me on skis, mountain bikes, motor bikes, microlights, jet-skis - you name it, and if it moves with a human on board (or it's a computer), I've crashed it.

That’s what we like about you - your consistency. 😄

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

That’s what we like about you - your consistency. 😄

Yeah fingers crossed about that one 🤪

• Like 1

Just now, Steve (sdh2903) said:

He’s not crashed the site yet though........

Oh don’t you bet on that one!

• Haha 1

do a bit of this, Swing is plop but i can knock it round ok 

I like my music, used to play out a bit in my younger years.... was all vinyl but had to go digital cause my man cave needed to have kids in it 😁 .....just for fun now.  

IMG_20200114_000754.thumb.jpg.4df92249c18a2ea51746ae3531bcdd56.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MCB said:

My new hobby is playing with wood, I’m currently making Toylander Landrovers with my students at school.

348EAB6B-39B2-41A6-9714-426ADF834564.jpeg

That’s fantastic!

23 hours ago, maurici said:

What a lovely parker!!  Spare her as long as you can... the brand is no longer there, and despite people didn't appreciate them due their flexibility and lack of personality... ( Why to have a guitar that will allow you in stage to play from Death metal to jazz and some interesting acoustic sounds  when you can have an Ibanez SV, A les Paul and a Telecaster and carry them around for the crowd don't even realize you've changed the instrument) They will end being VERY sought after instruments.

I wish I had been smart enough to buy one in the early 2000 when second hand ones were sub 800 quid.

Fancy a swap for a  Hand build Tom anderson (from the Pre factory era)  that needs some love?

😛

Cheers.  Yes, I love my Parker.  I actually have another at home, a Fly Concert, which is just piezo pickups and no mags which is amazing.  I keep my eyes open for another but they are getting expensive for rough examples.  I only paid £850 for each of mine and they were both near mint.  As you say they were real 'marmite' guitars but everyone who plays mine, loves it, but often can't get over the looks.  I love the look!

480266982_concertclassic.jpg.eba6cc9bab9c1f7719d7e7b16ff0f7f4.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

And very good one too! 

I do look forward to your photoposts, and had noticed a decline in number!

I dabble a little with a camera.

you are equally as good m8

13 hours ago, SXRORY said:

do a bit of this, Swing is plop but i can knock it round ok 

I like my music, used to play out a bit in my younger years.... was all vinyl but had to go digital cause my man cave needed to have kids in it 😁 .....just for fun now.  

IMG_20200114_000754.thumb.jpg.4df92249c18a2ea51746ae3531bcdd56.jpg

I used to have exactly the same setup - I really rated the DDJ-SX, I absolutely loved the learning curve with Serato too!

RE: Rokit 6's, I found the bass to be really tight and accurate but my god they are heavy units!

I've had so many over the years... Does beer and wine count!? 

Loved skateboarding as a kid, I still do occasionally but a 6ft 5, 17st old bloke on a skateboard gets some strange looks, not least from the Mrs! 😂.

Did Karate for over 15 years and was the midlands men's open weight champion at one point. The flexibility has come in useful shoehorning myself into the westie!

Got into RC buggy racing as a kid and still have 6 electric and 2 IC cars, plus 2 planes and a helicopter (boys toys!).

Played badminton to county level for many years and I'm still handy enough to show the kids up 👍

Was massively into running, being out most days until my early 40's when my knees cried enough so then invested in some golf bats... spoiled many nice walks and played in a few sandpits for a few years 😂

Love walking in the hills and mountains, having done the usual Ben Nevis, Snowdon, Scaffell etc. Go to the cairngorms every couple of years, and I've done the 3 peaks challenge for charity a few years ago.

A couple of years go I decided I'd get back into cars again by steadily upgrading a 2003 Mini JCW into a handy little road and track weapon before taking the plunge into Westfields this year (my current hobby!).

Oh and I used to surf, but being too old and fat for the "pop up" I now bodyboard every year.... I look like a whale in a wetsuit these days but it's the next best thing to surfing for real... that is until Greenpeace try and drag you back in! Gets very painful when they try and clear your blow hole! 😂😂😂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MCB said:

My new hobby is playing with wood, I’m currently making Toylander Landrovers with my students at school.

348EAB6B-39B2-41A6-9714-426ADF834564.jpeg

Thats great news.  I have problems with my Toylander so might give you a shout if thats ok?

7 hours ago, Brad Stone said:

I used to have exactly the same setup - I really rated the DDJ-SX, I absolutely loved the learning curve with Serato too!

RE: Rokit 6's, I found the bass to be really tight and accurate but my god they are heavy units!

Yep had the SX since it came out, great bit of kit....krks 6 sound ace just right for a home set up....a mate has 8's now they pump hard and clean.  I Think they do a 10 now as well i dread to think what they could do lol  

• Like 1