What are your hobbies?

TAFKARM

Missed out on my annual SCUBA fix of late, for obvious reasons. Can’t say I’m passionate about anything tbh, not wired up right I suspect,  but I do enjoy diving on holiday. Never really fancied doing it in anything cooler than 30 degree C water though ;) 

I think my other hobby can be classed as winding the misses up. It’s a great hobby because you can do it literally ever hour of every day. Sometimes I end up doing this hobby without even knowing. Bonus 

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Re kindling an old link.... as it came up in one of my searches.

Hobbies:
Scouting - Cub Leader 2 packs, GSL and ADC.

Freemasonry - really enjoying the social side.

Hill walking - with my border collie.

car has taken a back seat; but i need to start getting out more track and road.

cv19 f***** with me work wise and personally and i'm starting to kick back and take control... so back on forum and we all need to smile.

• Like 3

I've been diving into home brewing beer as a hobby over the last few years. I think it's the perfect counter hobby to meddling with the Westfield:

• Carbon fibre addiction now has a stainless steel addiction counterpart.
  • Weight that comes off the Westfield is now added to me. There may be a slight imbalance in that one.

• Haha 3

I collect empty bottles - which sounds so much better than “being an alcoholic”.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

I collect empty bottles - which sounds so much better than “being an alcoholic”.

Ah, I have same hobby! It’s great, cause it also comes with the “collecting big card board boxes” hobby!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Long time SCUBA diver who ventured into technical mixed-gas diving and then re-breathers; happy to dive in a muddy puddle and spend as long under water as I can - pure bliss and silence!

Dived all round the world, but despite the sometimes chilly waters UK diving is so good - favourite UK dive is HMS M2 - Submarine with an aircraft hangar that sank(?) of Portland, Dorset, 1932 with all hands.

image.png.e2da47921113d3a9fec2ba72ac0242ec.png

Also loved diving Malaysia and Borneo - wonderful reefs and so much wildlife.

However, the recent passing of my Father has found me with a full set of Fly Fishing gear and so I may try to rekindle that old skill and supplement the larder...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I spend my weekends meeting strangely dressed people in secluded car parks making weird noises.....

Oh, and then we drive our Westfields about a bit too 😂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

I spend my weekends meeting strangely dressed people in secluded car parks making weird noises.....

It has been noticed that you don’t participate so often but happily watch and film whist shouting encouragement 

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...

I'm currently slightly obsessed with Assetto Corsa, specifically trying to get an R300 (no Westfields sadly), a Porsche GT3RS, a Mustang and a Porsche 919 LMP1 round the Nurburgring and Spa...

8 hours ago, MR.C said:

You wont be putting an arrow thro' that Tiger.

Unless your Fred Flintstone.

One of the rounds we shoot has targets faced with 'animal faces' that notionally simulates hunting.  Most of the faces are painted by members and are ordinary animals.  Occasionally the artist gets a bit fanciful and does something like the sabre tooth tiger.  One that makes me smile has two zombie Nazis on it.  We also have a werewolf and a predator. 

• Like 3