Tie Break Rule ??????

Marto303

So last night was our HBB area meeting and as usual a hot topic of discussion was the SS regs.

One rule we collectively struggled to fully understand was the Tie Break Rule and in particular part (b).

1.6.10 In the event of drivers scoring equal points the Tie Break Rules will apply Tie Break Rules:- (a) The difference in points between first, second, third etc for a maximum of their best number of events specified for each class award or championship / challenge award. (b) Total points scored in the season including all events entered.   

As I read this, if the tie can not be decided by the difference in points from first, second, third etc then part (b) comes into play and the winner will be the person who has the highest total score from doing the most events. 

Have I got this right??????

Martin

It is hoped that clause 1.6.10 (a) will always sort out any Tie Break but if it does not then then you are correct that the total number of points scored no matter how many events entered would be used

Thanks Terry

I may still have some questions regarding (a) but I’ll try and work it out for myself before I trouble you. 

13 hours ago, Marto303 said:

Thanks Terry

I may still have some questions regarding (a) but I’ll try and work it out for myself before I trouble you. 

It’s not likely to trouble me but as written I have no idea what A means. I understood B though 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, XTR2Turbo said:

It’s not likely to trouble me but as written I have no idea what A means. I understood B though 😂

At the end of the season, if there is a tie, the decider will be the largest difference in points scored by the individuals against the second placed competitors in their respective classes, and if still a tie, then based on the difference in scores to third based competitors in their respective classes

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John said:

At the end of the season, if there is a tie, the decider will be the largest difference in points scored by the individuals against the second placed competitors in their respective classes, and if still a tie, then based on the difference in scores to third based competitors in their respective classes

@John

So presuming the 1st places have scored a max 1010 points then second must have a score of 1000 at least to allow that to happen, so it’s more likely the difference between third comes into play. 

What if one class has a third place and one doesn’t? 

Would you have to have completed 10 championship rounds to be included as a 2nd or 3rd place ? 

These may seem daft questions but with this new score system I can really see a 2-4 way tie at the end of this year and it’s important to understand how this will work. 

M

You do not need to enter 10 rounds to be placed or win a trophy

All classes already have more than 3 people entered so we should be ok

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Marto303 said:

@John

So presuming the 1st places have scored a max 1010 points then second must have a score of 1000 at least to allow that to happen, so it’s more likely the difference between third comes into play. 

What if one class has a third place and one doesn’t? 

Would you have to have completed 10 championship rounds to be included as a 2nd or 3rd place ? 

These may seem daft questions but with this new score system I can really see a 2-4 way tie at the end of this year and it’s important to understand how this will work. 

M

No not at all. This is based on scores for the season. The same person will most likely not come 2nd at every event for the class and the winner of the class will not necessarily get 101 at every event. The scores will be varied to 0.01 depending on time differences at events

7 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

You do not need to enter 10 rounds to be placed or win a trophy

All classes already have more than 3 people entered so we should be ok

Where can we view the up to date entries list please?

Thanks

Glutey