Passenger seats for W1 & W2

Marto303

20 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Ah yes. Much worse. Forgot about that 🙄

No pads at all. Doing passenger rides for Mission Motorsport. Big huge bloke. Bashed over the kerbs a lot at Three Sisters (so much so that he told me the next time I went he had cracked a rib) - the rivets didn't rip out and the floor pan fall off the car though, so I think it's safe to say that's been tested!

Not that anybody is ever going to be seated in it while competing !!!!!!

9 minutes ago, maurici said:

Is Terry's birthday... and Friday. Don't ruin it!

I didn’t know it was Tel’s bday

MHR Terry :bc:

What about his deputies ?

6 minutes ago, Marto303 said:

I didn’t know it was Tel’s bday

MHR Terry :bc:

What about his deputies ?

At a guess, Autosport.

MHR Terry!

11 minutes ago, tkm_dave said:

At a guess, Autosport.

Indeed, Thursday through the weekend is Autosport, so a lot of competitors, SSoT included may well be visiting.

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Current cars don't have aluminium seat pans, they are steel sheet, with no cross braces at all. Current seats, simply bolt rough with large spreader plates (extra large repair washers).

Yep but not sure anyone competing with the latest chassis will be so concerned about saving 1kg on a seat 😉😂

• Haha 2

Mine is one of the original bench seats from Westfield from when I built the car and is just an piece of ply with 1" of foam covered in vinyl.

Ok its got some stitching and piping but no shape at all just flat.

I even competed with the drivers seat like that for one season but that was a while ago.

There is of course a 4 point harness too which is probably the heaviest part.

This has been fine for as long as I have competed.

• Like 1

Guys, as has been pointed out, its Terry's birthday so is likely otherwise engaged at the moment. However, I recall that last year passenger seats were optional for the roadgoing classes but at the risk of event organisers moving you to another class if they deemed appropriate. I personally don't see a problem with your offering but best wait until Terry becomes available

Ok

The SSOT wanted (AS FAR AS POSSIBLE) ensure that nobody gained a slight advantage by removing the passenger seat or using something that was clearly not capable of supporting a passenger, including seat belts, whilst on the Road or Track. In additional you will need to check the blue book and be able to pass the scrutineering for Road Going classes at each event.

The pic you posted Martin looks fine to me and my only comment is that the base of the seat or padded foam should be rigid and capable of transferring any passenger load onto the car's chassis or the floor itself which might have the transverse straps etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Ok

The SSOT wanted (AS FAR AS POSSIBLE) ensure that nobody gained a slight advantage by removing the passenger seat or using something that was clearly not capable of supporting a passenger, including seat belts, whilst on the Road or Track. In additional you will need to check the blue book and be able to pass the scrutineering for Road Going classes at each event.

The pic you posted Martin looks fine to me and my only comment is that the base of the seat or padded foam should be rigid and capable of transferring any passenger load onto the car's chassis or the floor itself which might have the transverse straps etc

Thanks guys 

Thats clears that up perfectly :t-up: