Cycle wings and supports

Kevan Purton

Kevan Purton

Hi, I'm currently running 13inch wheels with 195/13 Toyo's all round and am looking to replace with 15inch wheels 195/15 front & 205/15 on rear. Am I right in saying I need to replace the front cycle wings with the wider type? Also can I use the existing 13inch stays or do I need 15 inch equivalents?

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Westfield only do one design of wing stay for any given wheel width/aspect ratio. You need to use a combination of spacing the mounts out, and/or carefully bending the stay to suit the various wheel options. (The different stays they do are for the different front uprights that Westfields can have fitted, i.e. Original Cortina, Westfields own fabricated uprights, or the current aluminium uprights.)

SootySport

195 to 195 you shouldn’t have to change anything, just make sure the ET value And the rim width is the same.

SootySport
On 07/01/2020 at 14:00, Kevan Purton said:

Hi, I'm currently running 13inch wheels with 195/13 Toyo's all round and am looking to replace with 15inch wheels 195/15 front & 205/15 on rear. Am I right in saying I need to replace the front cycle wings with the wider type? Also can I use the existing 13inch stays or do I need 15 inch equivalents?

You can come round my gaff and try some 15" wheels, I have 2 wheels with 195 tyres and different offsets you can try.  Then you won't have to change any bodywork.  We can also have a measure up and find out your existing wheel sizes. I'm home every day.

• Thanks 1
Kevan Purton
On 09/01/2020 at 00:41, SootySport said:

You can come round my gaff and try some 15" wheels, I have 2 wheels with 195 tyres and different offsets you can try.  Then you won't have to change any bodywork.  We can also have a measure up and find out your existing wheel sizes. I'm home every day.

I might just take you up on this offer, slight issue is the car has no tax now, as I've SORN'd it for the winter. Your welcome to come to mine though - Leigh on Sea. PM me and we can arrange a date/time.