Thames Valley Meet

Steven Thorne

Happy New Year!

Sunday 12th January will be our first monthly meet of the year and will be our festive meal at the Bird in Hand. The table will be booked for 12:30 so please let me know if you would like to join us. So far we have 14 but the more the merrier.

Alan France x2

Chris Newman x4

Steve Thorne x2

John and Ronnie

Andy and Kate

Tim and Ruth

We will be ordering from the usual menu so no need for deposits or to decide what you want to eat until the day.

I'll work on a list of events for the year but so far:

Friday 10th January I'm going to the Autosport Show in Birmingham. It's also on Thursday and followed on Saturday and Sunday.

Friday 24th April Steve and I are already booked on a trackday with Motorsport Events at Abingdon. This is a local track which is run as a fun driving day so relatively safe and a great place to start if you're new to trackdays.

Many thanks,

Tim and Steve

Thames Valley Area Organisers

Hi All, unfortunately the pub cannot fit us all in on the 12th Jan as there is now 16 people (which is great). 
We could go for the following week, following month or look for a new venue. What are people's preference?

Hi Steve, Happy New Year to all,

Sorry to have missed the meets over the last few months but other things got in the way.

Could you include us in your meal extravaganza, that's Mary & Jim so making more of a get together🥳

Is area meet still on for Sunday?

Hello,

Change of plan!

Due to popularity the restaurant cannot fit us all in for Sunday 12th Jan so we will have normal meet (chat and drink) from 12:00.

We will have the festive meal on Sunday 9th February instead so please confirm you can make the new date.

Third time lucky! Change of plan!

Due to another car club having their annual meal on Sunday 9th Feb we will go for Sunday 2nd Feb. Here's a summary of the plans for the next couple of months:

Sunday 12th January = Normal monthly meet.

Sunday 2nd February = Festive meal. Table is booked so please let me know if you can make it so we can add places.

Sunday 9th Feb = Normal monthly meet.

So far I've had confirmation from for following for the meal on the 2nd Feb from 12:30:

Simon Jones

Simon and Janie Turtle

John and Ronnie Knight

Andy and Kate

Alan and Jenny France

Chris Newman x4

Steve and Juliet Thorne

Tim and Ruth Reid

Hi Steve

can you please let mw know the postcode of the  Bird in Hand as I would like to join you on Sunday

many thanks Ian

15 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Hi Steve

can you please let mw know the postcode of the  Bird in Hand as I would like to join you on Sunday

many thanks Ian

Hi Ian, 

Thank would be great. The postcode is RG10 9UP.

Full details: http://www.wscc.co.uk/area/thamesvalley/meetingvenue/index.htm

On 05/01/2020 at 10:10, Snags said:

Could you include us in your meal extravaganza, that's Mary & Jim

Can you make the new date? 2nd February?

Thanks, Tim

Excellent.

So far I've had confirmation from for following for the meal on the 2nd Feb from 12:30:

Simon Jones

Simon and Janie Turtle

John and Ronnie Knight

Andy and Kate

Alan and Jenny France

Chris Newman x4

Steve and Juliet Thorne

Tim and Ruth Reid

Jim and Mary

• 4 weeks later...

Good time yesterday, thanks for making the arrangements Steve and Tim.

Must be our northern roots as we were the only Westfield!

• Like 1