Peak District Run Out, SAT 4th Jan

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Good day out today and a nice bit of lunch whilst watching horizontal rain out the window .Luckily we ate whilst it rained ,the rest of the day was overcast with nicely greased roads Which makes for good fun in our cars .It was my first run up Winnats pass too and the roads and views were worth the drive .

The road home from Matlock  to the M1 was very busy and I was worried as the light was fading .I didn’t fancy the slow trawl through Nottingham so decided to hammer it down the M1 towards Leicester ,as I pulled off at the Coalville turn I pulled  into a lay-by with a sinking feeling,as My dominators are **** and it was near dark .I thought b*****x  and then it dawned on me that my glasses had  dark tinted lenses  in 😂

Thankfully it was my new pair and they had interchangeable lenses so I put the yellow ones in and wow what a difference .It was still dusk tho and I knew I’d be getting home in borderline dark ,as I pulled up at  4.40 it was dark but the glasses were giving me better vision than my headlights .Before I get that horse I’m upgrading those headlights ,on the plus side the days are getting longer so we’ll have more driving time as the weeks go on .

Thanks Julie and Glen ,and the rest of you .

• Like 3

Sounds like a great day out again! 

I'm even more gutted to have missed it now.. Having a Cobra to drool over and missing Winnats pass! I love that road, Derbyshires Cheddar Gorge! I'm ashamed to say I didn't even know it existed until one of @Julie Hall - Peak District AO's runs 🙄

Glad nobody broke down this time! Hopefully it's just coincidence that it's always when I'm there, i don't want to get a reputation as a jinx! 😂

@Weekend WarriorI know the feeling with the dominators... Scary in the dark, but they look so good in the daylight I can't bring myself to change them😁

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RobH72 said:

Sounds like a great day out again! 

I'm even more gutted to have missed it now.. Having a Cobra to drool over and missing Winnats pass! I love that road, Derbyshires Cheddar Gorge! I'm ashamed to say I didn't even know it existed until one of @Julie Hall - Peak District AO's runs 🙄

Glad nobody broke down this time! Hopefully it's just coincidence that it's always when I'm there, i don't want to get a reputation as a jinx! 😂

@Weekend WarriorI know the feeling with the dominators... Scary in the dark, but they look so good in the daylight I can't bring myself to change them😁

That’s exactly how I felt Rob in fact  the headlight conversion was the first thing I did, however since I’ve been caught  out a couple of times now enough is enough .

Id almost go as far as to say they’re dangerous,Ive still got my old 5. 3/4 inch shells so I’m going to look at an led upgrade with the Harley style lights . 
As I enjoy runs far from home I just worry that if anything happened and it got dark before I got moving again ,I’d not get back 

• Like 1

@Weekend Warrior @RobH72

I’m sure somebody has squeezed something like this inside the dominator shells, I can’t remember who though.

it was tight but I believe has been done!

JAMIEWIN 12000LM H4 9003 HB2 Hi/Lo Led Headlight Bulbs 6000K ZES Chip 100W EMC System - 2 Pack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KS3QCHT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_.KoeEbRXF01Z9

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, LukeW said:

@Weekend Warrior @RobH72

I’m sure somebody has squeezed something like this inside the dominator shells, I can’t remember who though.

JAMIEWIN 12000LM H4 9003 HB2 Hi/Lo Led Headlight Bulbs 6000K ZES Chip 100W EMC System - 2 Pack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KS3QCHT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_.KoeEbRXF01Z9

I put updated H4 bulbs in Luke, admittedly not led ones but I just feel that you can’t get enough light out a 4 inch hole .

If I’m blatting down a country road in the evening I want something that lights the place up .

What about one of these fitted to the roll bar 😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/42-Inch-car-Work-Light-Bar-Flood-Spot-Offroad-12V-24V-240W-With-Wiring-Harness/163941257346?hash=item262ba91082:g:euYAAOSw3tddy2SE

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, LukeW said:

@Weekend Warrior @RobH72

Thanks Luke, the Amazon prime order is placed! Its got to be worth a 30 quid punt! 😳

I'll let you know how I get on when they land 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LukeW said:

73C0140D-3166-4A04-B675-3748DA54A93D.thumb.jpeg.ed13199cde8517f1490fdfb5162cc260.jpeg5F5DD592-1925-4910-A11F-1969AF437A9E.thumb.jpeg.5d7b42a06af4469f30ec52bd82c41050.jpegThat’s mine in pitch Black Country lanes!

Wow, I have a bit of headlight envy now.

@Weekend Warrior you could keep your shades on with these! 😎

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LukeW said:

73C0140D-3166-4A04-B675-3748DA54A93D.thumb.jpeg.ed13199cde8517f1490fdfb5162cc260.jpeg5F5DD592-1925-4910-A11F-1969AF437A9E.thumb.jpeg.5d7b42a06af4469f30ec52bd82c41050.jpegThat’s mine in pitch Black Country lanes!

God that’s amazing imagine if you put them both on ! 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, LukeW said:

Is that those led ones ? 

1 hour ago, RobH72 said:

Thanks Luke, the Amazon prime order is placed! Its got to be worth a 30 quid punt! 😳

I'll let you know how I get on when they land 👍

Let me know too please Rob I’ll keep my glasses handy 👍

• Like 1