indicator buzzer

harrypotter

I'm thinking of fixing a simple buzzer into my indicator circuit, but don't know which wires to connect to. The buzzer has two wires. Can someone help with the correct way to connect it please?

If you have  3 pin flasher relay you can get a relay from Ebay with built in buzzer....no additional wiring or mods required....unplug original..plug in new one job done.

Although it doesn't address your question, I too went down the relax with built-in buzzer route.  Plug and play and very effective....

1 hour ago, Dave1954 said:

I bought this kit off car builder solutions for a few quid. Dave 

Thanks Dave,

That kit looks the just the business.

Daft questions coming up! Do you just crimp or solder the wires together onto a spade connector and then onto the buzzer, with individual spades on the other ends to the switch?

Whist I can crimp or solder, the wire seems very thin on the diodes, so whats the best way to connect them solidly without damaging them?

Most electrical components are designed to be soldered, especially things like diodes so as long as you do not introduce excessive heat while soldering there will be no problem.

The Forums are full of opinions about the benefits of solder versus crimped connections and cases can be made for either. The main criteria is to make the joint well using the correct equipment with clean connections and the best possible(within budget) consumables.

I personally admit I am useless at crimping and generally use solder, but I always make sure the wires are bright and clean plus I flux the joints prior to heating. Many years of repairing power tools for construction work have honed my experiences, belt and braces style.

Thanks for the replies. 

With your initial suggestion Dave and your refined idea Andy, I have ordered the buzzer with the delay. I've ordered one for a fellow westy owner as well! just got to fit them now.