dodgy advert for westfield on ebay again- Q824GFY

The Cheese

"eBay is to replace PayPal with Adyen" thats very odd since ebay own/bought paypal ( i think)

I've had a photo of a passport confirming his name to as per the e-mail's I've had but not the same as @marcusb ! Let's see if he sends a different passport to Marcus!

"

I will literally have to book a flight myself to arrange delivery and my work needs me here in Berlin. I can send the documents along with the vehicle once arrived in the UK. I have no one in Dingwall to help me out with viewing and the access keys are with me in Berlin. In order to do that I will need to be surely convinced of this and not put myself on the road based on words. Please find my passport copy attached for identity confirmation and peace of mind. If you can deposit the amount to Adyen to hold so that I can see that the funds are available payable immediately on a proper inspection date at your convenience. We will both be satisfied and I will surely get paid. You will still benefit from a full 7 days inspection period. If anything is wrong with the vehicle Adyen will not release your payment to me. Cheers, Carl
"

My reply:

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the further reply below. Thanks also for sending a scan of your passport. I’m still not comfortably with using Adyen. As before, I’d prefer to pay a deposit to secure the vehicle into either a UK or German bank (IBAN no).

The car doesn’t seem to be on ebay any more. I hope it’s still available?

Equally, I fully understand why you wouldn’t wish to risk flying home etc for the sale not to go through.

Hence please send bank details for me to pay a deposit today. I will then pay the balance in full on inspection on arrival day.

• Like 2

It's on again and the price has gone up! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WESTFIELD-SEW/184155779680?hash=item2ae08a3260:g:s7gAAOSw19JeNYqH

Strangely a different e-bay account and a different e-mail address in the picture 😁

• Haha 1

It’s all the interest he keeps getting, we’re pushing the price up, :laugh:

• Haha 1

and another ad! It's in Ashton under Lyme now! It was in Clacton on Sea, yesterday and Inverness the week before!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WESTFIELD-SEW/274245541166?hash=item3fda4edd2e:g:5CUAAOSwqg9eNr0t

4 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

and another ad! It's in Ashton under Lyme now! It was in Clacton on Sea, yesterday and Inverness the week before!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WESTFIELD-SEW/274245541166?hash=item3fda4edd2e:g:5CUAAOSwqg9eNr0t

I hope he's adjusting the car mileage in the Ad!

😏

Sadly people do fall for these which is why they persist.  Was driving to LeMans a few years back and pulled into a remote garage with a puncture.  Cutting a long story short young mechanic had sent about £4k to the uk as 50% deposit and transport to France and 3 weeks later no car and not answering calls.  I followed up for him a bit when back in UK and reported to police but they weren’t interested and there was no way of tracing. I suspect it’s overseas people that are caught out more than UK buyers. 

David

19 hours ago, XTR2Turbo said:

Sadly people do fall for these which is why they persist.  Was driving to LeMans a few years back and pulled into a remote garage with a puncture.  Cutting a long story short young mechanic had sent about £4k to the uk as 50% deposit and transport to France and 3 weeks later no car and not answering calls.  I followed up for him a bit when back in UK and reported to police but they weren’t interested and there was no way of tracing. I suspect it’s overseas people that are caught out more than UK buyers. 

David

Exactly this scum needs stopping it's not nice and it could be a member's car they use for the adverts etc.

I've called e-bay and spent a long time trying to explain the repeated users appearing with great feedback, history etc and many cars the same for sale with the same tactic used with a picture with different e-mails in each time. They couldn't / wouldn't explain how they are so easily able to keep setting up all the same adverts with new accounts etc. I've got a case number so will use this to report further occurences.

• Like 9

It's gone again from e-bay. Let's see how soon it's back on?

On 31/01/2020 at 13:50, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I've had a photo of a passport confirming his name to as per the e-mail's I've had but not the same as @marcusb ! Let's see if he sends a different passport to Marcus!

"

I will literally have to book a flight myself to arrange delivery and my work needs me here in Berlin. I can send the documents along with the vehicle once arrived in the UK. I have no one in Dingwall to help me out with viewing and the access keys are with me in Berlin. In order to do that I will need to be surely convinced of this and not put myself on the road based on words. Please find my passport copy attached for identity confirmation and peace of mind. If you can deposit the amount to Adyen to hold so that I can see that the funds are available payable immediately on a proper inspection date at your convenience. We will both be satisfied and I will surely get paid. You will still benefit from a full 7 days inspection period. If anything is wrong with the vehicle Adyen will not release your payment to me. Cheers, Carl
"

I've had a reply! exactly the same as above except he is now they - two of them I've been sent copies of both passports one is UK the other German..

I said:

Hi Mate thanks for pics Ime really like the car and the engine bay is looking a lot better than I expected  for a car like this as some can be a bit amatuar build quility to look at if you know what I mean, Ide like to go for the car please! Ime fine to pay with paypal mate ive used it a few times before its the best for ebay or I can pay you direct to your bank acount, Whats the delivery cost/car cost split out of the £3800 you want? Ill pay you delivery cost which Ime happy with being non refundable then pay you rest when I inspect the car on delivery no need for 7 days mate I know a banger when I see one lol! thanks dude please let me know asap dont want it to go to someone else

They replied:

I will literally have to book a flight myself to arrange delivery and my work needs me here in Berlin. I can send the documents along with the vehicle once arrived in the UK. I have no one in Dingwall to help me out with viewing and the access keys are with me in Berlin. In order to do that I will need to be surely convinced of this and not put myself on the road based on words. Please find my passport copy attached for identity confirmation and peace of mind. If you can deposit the amount to Adyen to hold so that I can see that the funds are available payable immediately on a proper inspection date at your convenience. We will both be satisfied and I will surely get paid. You will still benefit from a full 7 days inspection period. If anything is wrong with the vehicle Adyen will not release your payment to me. Cheers, Thomas & Carl

I suspect the passports belong to people they've scammed! The ads not back on e-bay yet. He's stopped talking to me 🤔 Ask to see the V5 .

• Like 1

And (drum roll) ..... It's back on!