Wanted 205 width Carbon effect cycle wings-single or broken items considered

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Has anyone who's upgraded to proper carbon fibre cycle wings got their original plastic cycle wings left feeling unloved.

I'm after a pair and it doesn't matter if the front edges are chewed @Andy (Sycho)

@Westfield Parts Dept do you have any broken, seconds or returned damaged items lying about?

Surely @Rednop1 must have some in stock too?

I've not broken mine, I've just had an idea I want to try with some sacrificial items!

The cheaper the better. Collection at the Cheshire - North Staffs Curry this Thu or possibly GBS on Sat would be ideal.

Thanks,

Bagpuss

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO Ive got 2 :d

one OK 

one splitting a bit on one of the front bolt hole positions

from a factory built fire breathing zetec if you want them :yes:

40 minutes ago, marcusb said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO Ive got 2 :d

one OK 

one splitting a bit on one of the front bolt hole positions

from a factory built fire breathing zetec if you want them :yes:

Thanks @marcusb How much would you like for them?

Ta,

Ian

12 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Thanks @marcusb How much would you like for them?

Ta,

Ian

ill send some pics tomorrow and you can make me an offer :d

12 hours ago, marcusb said:

ill send some pics tomorrow and you can make me an offer :d

Thanks Marcus, I assume they are suitable for 205 width front tyres (I've amended post title to reflect this).

Given that one of the ones offered by Marcus is fine, does anyone else have broken ones as I'd loathed to cut up a perfectly serviceable item!

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Thanks Marcus, I assume they are suitable for 205 width front tyres

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AOmy tyres are 195 but think the carbon effect cycle wing only comes in one width/size - ill measure width as well to check

8 minutes ago, marcusb said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AOmy tyres are 195 but think the carbon effect cycle wing only comes in one width/size - ill measure width as well to check

Thanks!

That crack, looks very similar to the one on my N/S one. I've just lived with it! I'll drop you a PM.

I'd still prefer to start with two broken ones, so @marcusb has one, anyone got another. Rather than me 'butcher' a perfectly good item?

It's an experiment that may fail!

I think I’ve still got one if I haven’t bin it, can’t remember seeing it for a while.

It was in ok condition with just a small melted bit from falling against the exhaust so my not be of anymore use than what’s been offered. I’ll take a look for it.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.