ISS pass

Andrew

Just spotted something on a very similar track to the ISS but a couple of minutes earlier, and moving quite a bit quicker. No idea what it was though.

ISS was good tonight.

1 hour ago, corsechris said:

Just spotted something on a very similar track to the ISS but a couple of minutes earlier, and moving quite a bit quicker. No idea what it was though.

probably @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO in his megaS2000 going that fast his front number plate is in danger of falling off 😆

• Haha 3

@corsechrishow do register for alerts on there. I cant find carrier gateway for tesco

Tia

9 hours ago, scott_prelit said:

@corsechrishow do register for alerts on there. I cant find carrier gateway for tesco

Tia

Sorry, no clue!  I just check the viewing report page for my location periodically.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marcusb said:

probably @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO in his megaS2000 going that fast his front number plate is in danger of falling off 😆

Thanks friend! 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

19:30 tonight 

and another at 21:07 :cool:

Came relatively close to Jupiter at 7.30 last night. Unfortunately I didn't have a wide lens to hand.

3 hours ago, Labrat said:

Came relatively close to Jupiter at 7.30 last night. Unfortunately I didn't have a wide lens to hand.

and its Jupiter's closest pass to Earth in 60 years :cool:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Partial eclipse in UK tomorrow for anyone interested :yes:

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/uk/london

Wow, didn’t expect to find a thread on here relating to my other hobby, astronomy! Fessing up to my inner nerd here! 🤣🤣

Forecast not looking great tomorrow, but may get a gap sometime during it. Will probably put a solar scope out to have a look if it looks promising. These are my bigger solar boys for when conditions are good. Also a couple of shots from a much fuller eclipse back in 2015 I think. The third picture is probably near what tomorrow’s will look like.

Goes without saying, don’t look at the sun without solar eclipse glasses or a properly filtered scope.

End of nerd mode 😉

0C6A00C2-67B0-4B17-84FD-27E3C11C3E1E.jpeg

E04B37D7-D50A-47B8-A574-9E477707BDF9.jpeg

F12F1A48-D39E-4F6C-A0D4-AC0AD9BA8782.jpeg

22750BDB-94FB-4A04-8013-B1E79987FA31.jpeg

• Like 3

Lots of cloud and showers around, but managed to grab a few looks and some images up until about 10.40am.

Nice to put the WSCC umbrella to good use!

Some sunspots visible in this shot too.

0DE53F1C-FCF5-44D7-914D-A0FDA65D3438.thumb.jpeg.bc9213252c97eb7a17284923ea9b64aa.jpeg

0FAF6759-CC7A-4BC4-AC29-A505E42B51E3.jpeg

3B6071F5-509D-4BAB-89C2-8C2B02542BCD.jpeg

EFCD979F-0F1C-44E1-AAE2-A8AE00675DC4.jpeg

• Like 3