SILVERSTONE CLASSIC 2020.

Stu Faulkner

2020 Silverstone classic starts here.

31st July - 2nd August. (assuming that the F1 doesn't change and we will know early December and it didn't last year)

We are registered for the Silverstone Classic, 2020. As a member you can now access the fantastic Car Club Display Package (two adult admission tickets and an infield car display pass). Our club’s dedicated code is 2020CCD084. You will need to enter this code and your car details when prompted to do so at: https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/buycarclubtickets. (Westfields only please :))

Super early bird packages are £99.00 + 1.95 booking fee and this is for three days for two people including infield parking for your Westfield. This works out at £16.50 per person per day.....Not too bad.

Camping is £49.00 per adult, children are a bit cheaper.

Not sure at this time what the early bird prices will be but I guess an extra 10%

Important Dates:-  Super Early Bird Car Club Display Packages will be available from Friday 25 October until midnight on 31 December. From 1 January the usual Early Bird period will be in place until 31 March after which the Standard price applies. Car Club Display Package sales will end on 31 May, allowing us to plan the infield and finalise all car club display locations in good time before the event. Car Club Display Area You will be advised of your designated display area at the end of June when Silverstone has had the opportunity to position the clubs according to the numbers of cars booked, power requirements and structures being erected. Please note that clubs are not guaranteed to be in the same position as previous years as Silverstone like to offer the spectators variation each year. 

Next year is the 30th anniversary of the classic so should be a good one.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Steve Smith - AO Hampshire And Isle Of Wight said:

Please can I ask do we have a Westfield camping area ?

Not specifically.

Camping is always “first come first served”. 

But we do try and ensure there’s someone who gets in early and tries to save adjacent space. In previous years we do manage to get a few of us together, but it can’t be guaranteed. 

• Like 1

Thanks. Has anyone booked there tickets yet? As I see the early bird offer finishes on the 31st December.

• 5 weeks later...

Early bird tickets still availiable for the Silverstone Classic until 31st March.

The full weekend with the club pass is £105 with slight reductions if you only plan to go for one or two days, see here.

https://silverstoneclassic.seetickets.com/event/car-club-display-packages/silverstone-circuit-northamptonshire/1449506?OfferCode=2020CCD084#op1

We have seven members so far who have booked for the whole weekend so what are the rest of you waiting for?

Excellent work for those who have bought a ticket already.👍

This is the 30th anniversary of the classic so it should be a good one.

See you there.

I'm not going this year, done 4 years on the trot, so having one off. 

• Sad 1

I'm going (booked with v6Clio.net - a track parade is on offer on the Saturday to celebrate 20 years of the Clio V6. 

Four of my one make clubs are attending but I'll drop onto the WSCC area on one day (very weather dependent in the Eleven).  I'll have to decide which of the clubs to let down on one of the others!

Simon

• 1 month later...

You have until the end of the month to get the early bird tickets with infield pass, after March its a lot dearer for two people and you cannot bring your car in.

Live music confirmed.    https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/livemusic

Racing all weekend.     https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/motor-racing

If you can think of a car then it will probably be there.     https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/clubs

What you waiting for......

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Iv'e had this response from Silverstone.

Early Bird period extended

In light of the current situation, we have extended our Early Bird period so that it now applies until the end of April. We hope to be able to welcome you to our 30th anniversary event this year.

If you’re a member of a car club, you still have until the end of May to book your display package, but from the end of April our Standard rather than Early Bird prices will apply.

I guess they are hoping that it still goes ahead, I hope so......

• Like 2

An update from the Silverstone Classic regarding COVID-19

We wanted to get in touch to update you on the situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) and the Silverstone Classic.

While the latest guidance from the UK Government is to stay at home over the coming weeks, we remain hopeful that the Silverstone Classic will go ahead in four months as planned, although COVID-19 may have some impact on how we run elements of the event.

We appreciate that this is an evolving situation, so in the unlikely event that we have to postpone the event from its current scheduled dates, we will determine a date with the Circuit as soon as possible to which we can postpone the event and we will publish details as a matter of priority. All tickets would remain valid.

In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the situation and follow the updates and advice given by the UK Government, the World Health Organisation and other public bodies. Wherever necessary we will be taking sensible precautions to help minimise the spread of the virus (our full team have been working from home since last week) and we will share updates in this regard over the coming weeks and months. Our FAQ’s are constantly updated here.

Please look after yourselves and those around you at this challenging time. We’re all in this together.

All the best,
The Silverstone Classic Team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2