Peak District Run Out, SUNDAY 10th Nov , Matlock 10.30

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Sainsburys Matlock, DE4 3SP, 10.30am SUNDAY for a run around the Peak District with eats and drinks along the way. Is anyone not SORN? is there anybody out there? do come out to play, the weather will determine which day we go and I will update this later on in the week.

Edited by Julie Hall - Peak District AO
Date set to Sunday 10th
  • Like 1

If it's the Sunday I'll definitely come along for some more cake! 😁

• Like 1

Hope to try and make this one!

• Like 1

SUNDAY. Not the easiest weather report to interpret, but I think that they are predicting that Sunday is the drier day, which is the opposite to what they said yesterday. So, Sunday it is.

See you on SUNDAY 10.30 SAINSBURYS MATLOCK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

SUNDAY. Not the easiest weather report to interpret, but I think that they are predicting that Sunday is the drier day, which is the opposite to what they said yesterday. So, Sunday it is.

See you on SUNDAY 10.30 SAINSBURYS MATLOCK.

Looks lovely and warm too! 😂

S91107-213742.jpg

• Haha 1

There is a little bit of water around here at the moment, which hopefully will retreat before Sunday. Here is a photo of the engineer at work today, and my cycle in this morning was a bit hairy as the water got to well above my bottom bracket. I can vouch for my waterproof Sealskinz socks though, as my feet were dry when I got to work, which amazed me as my feet were fully submerged.

Currently Matlock Bath is closed as well as the roads around Grindleford and Bamford, so I will choose the route carefully.

IMG_20191108_075436540_(1).thumb.jpg.6fdf0b6dd4c8ab4ef26bb6d01d54cbd6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

There is a little bit of water around here at the moment, which hopefully will retreat before Sunday.

I was in  Pontefract yesterday for a meeting and driving there and back was 'interesting! I did think about you when I passed one of your 'pulse' Shops used for navigational references!

my cycle in this morning was a bit hairy as the water got to well above my bottom bracket.

Too much information! 🤪

• Haha 7

Mind like a sewer @IanK (Bagpuss), very funny though when I read it back I have to laugh, what a numpty I am

• Haha 1

Yep coming!

That has to be based on the inland tide receding. Currently on an island thankfully. 
Strange week really. Lots of the wet stuff out of the sky but none through the pipe work and a major leak 3 miles away means no pressure. 4 days so far with no water in the right places. Slightly better today as at least the taps run slowly but showers are a no go. 
Promise I’ll smell better on Sunday. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hoping to get some time tomorrow to sort out the squeeky drive belt and wobbly headlamp. If all goes well i'll be there too?

• Like 1

Ha good, lots of people around on Sunday then to dilute this nutter that is running around our house going 'cor, show us your hairy bottom bracket' oh my, what have you done Mr Bagpuss, hilarious 🤩

• Haha 2

Looks like we might need a boat to meet at Sainsburys... 😮

S91109-090929.jpg

• Haha 2