Westfield SEIW road/track/race car

Dave_B123

I have owned this car for nearly five years and I’ve gradually turned it into the car I’d always wanted...high power NA engine, lightweight space frame chassis and sequential box with close gearing! It’s great fun to drive, and with the current setup it’s surprisingly easy to lap extremely quickly on track. I am by no means the next Lewis Hamilton and I’ve managed a 1.33 round Croft on a track day with road legal tyres, so there is potential to go a lot quicker. Unfortunately, the time has come where I’ve decided to try and get onto the property ladder and my dad has decided he’d like to buy a toy of his own to occupy his garage space where my westy is currently stored(how selfish of him?!😅), so the car has to go! 

2006 Westfield SEIW zetec road/track/race car
565kg
Fully road legal
2.1 dry sumped 250bhp zetec, forged pistons and rods, 86mm bore silver top block. CNC blacktop head and custom cams. 
Quaife 26z 5 speed all alloy sequential gearbox with geartronics indicator. Regarded as a very robust unit in the world of rallying and substantially lighter than the 60g. It was Installed by PlaysKool along with a new raceline alloy bell housing which had additional machining to make it fit. 
Super light flywheel and 7.25inch clutch, a new clutch plate was fitted when the gearbox was installed and it’s only 2 track days since then.
7” gripper plated diff 4.44 ratio, geared perfectly, made a massive difference installing the 4.44, this was done by bara motorsports and has done 150 miles max
Full cage
Wide track with Westfield alloy uprights and hubs with new nylon bushings etc. all installed 150 miles ago
Twin MC brakes with bias adjustment
Bosch 044 fuel pump, facet lift pump and alloy swirl pot
Fully flat floored from front to rear, with removable piece of carbon to change gearbox oil, quick release carbon nv diffuser at the rear
Front and rear PlaysKool anti roll bars
Lightweight lithium battery
9” cxr’s at the rear 7” at the front, Avon zzr tyres.

Spares package included:
Complete ST170 cylinder head inc. inlet manifold
2.04 1st gear ratio. It’s currently fitted with a 2.2 1st.
Standard wish bones and front roll bar
Spare 7.25 clutch plate
Brand new standard black detachable arches
Few other bits and bobs 

There are a couple of things that require some attention:
There appears to be small oil leak from the diff, surprising as it cost a small fortune to have it rebuilt not long ago with all new seals, by supposedly the “best in the business” at dealing with the 7” diffs.

The car currently requires 24v starting from cold with a slave battery. I believe this is down to a dodgy starter motor dragging excessive current from the battery, and therefore the voltage drops below 10v when starting and the ECU won’t let it start unless it sees more than 10v. As it’s been a track car I have just put up with the 24v starting but if someone wanted to put it on the road it’s probably advisable to get it sorted, unless you would be willing to carry a slave battery around with you.

*edited to add 19/1/20 - brand new powerlite hi torque starter fitted*

All in all I think this is a fantastic package for someone who can spend a bit of time tinkering with it and tidying up a bit.

feel free to message/ring on 07949834634

price is £11250

95B56944-CA3F-461E-85B5-34F2B0DB3EE4.jpeg

169FD6B7-3180-48C2-805C-F44ACCE57878.jpeg

2F22B422-522D-4ED0-800E-610000E5E248.jpeg

B922A854-5CF7-4DF3-9740-74363D697826.jpeg

0D577310-9CD8-4B1B-81DD-76793418C9EF.jpeg

7FE02834-F911-4494-821F-95124250C02F.jpeg

• Like 3

Sell it to your dad, then you can still drive it.   Problem solved.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave is the car still for sale?and where in the country are you? Regards David. 

3 hours ago, David Black said:

Hi Dave is the car still for sale?and where in the country are you? Regards David. 

Dave is in my area in the North East if that helps 

• 4 weeks later...

Still for sale!

would consider selling the engine package, gearbox and then rolling chassis if that interests anyone

• 1 month later...

still for sale

Car now has a brand new hi torque starter fitted and it starts a lot better now!

im open to offers on this...

If I hadn’t just spent ££££ on my engine, I’d have had this, it looks a really great package. 

• 3 months later...

Car now sold and will be raced in the Northern sports and saloon car championship when the season recommences!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 25/04/2020 at 11:09, Dave_B123 said:

Car now sold and will be raced in the Northern sports and saloon car championship when the season recommences!

Spotted back on eBay, did the sale fall through? Still think it’s an absolute steal!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.