Peak District Run Out, Sun 20, Matlock 10.30

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Sainsburys, Matlock, DE4 3SP, 10.30am. SUNDAY 2OTH

We will turn right in Bakewell again this week because we seemed to like that, then we will go for a photo shoot up on Longstone Edge before taking another high road to Castleton. Then that can only mean one thing, driving up the very alpine, limestone gorge of Winnats Pass to get to our lunch stop for midday.

After lunch we will cut a route directly South, past the dragons back (Chrome Hill), to finish for cake at an old favourite that we haven't been to for ages, The Old School Tea Room in Wetton.

I will confirm which day it will be once the weather report has been issued. Who is joining us? EDIT - SUNDAY

Lucy Verasarmy has spoken, she says that Sunday will be better weather than Saturday, so this will now run on Sunday.

As the detail is still a bit sketchy, please stay posted just in case the forecast changes.

42 minutes ago, Andy Westwood said:

See you Sunday :db-westy:

This is the menu for Sunday, just to whet your apetite

177961938_Sundayspecials.jpg.204d014c1b2b488f9a5fd72c78cce106.jpg

• Like 2

The weather is now forecast to be dry, so this is definitely ON, looking forward to it.

I've had my soggy play day today and won't be out this weekend, sorry. Have a great weekend!

• Sad 1

Yep.. two weeks in a row..  I've peaked 😂

• Like 2

All my chores are complete so if you have room for another I can come out to play too

• Like 4

I can't make Matlock for 10.30, but will go direct to Winnats Pass via Bakewell, and hope to catch up with you at some stage late morning. Have a good one anyway.

• Like 1