Peak District Meet, Tues 5th Nov

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

On Tuesday 5th November The Blue Lagoon Cafe at The National Stone Centre, Matlock is 1 year old and the owner, Laura, has been kind enough to invite the Westfield's to her PARTY!!!! It would be very rude to refuse, so we are going. Please come and display your Westfield as part of the celebrations and support her. 

Meet at Sainsbury's, Matlock, DE4 3SP at midday to take the 4 mile journey. Laura is a master of sponge and cakes are absolutely on the menu, if you can get past the cherry and walnut scones that are baked fresh every morning.

image.png.806875e1995de1516f903b2af062dbc9.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

Meet at Sainsbury's, Matlock, DE4 3SP at midday to take the 4 mile journey.

image.png.806875e1995de1516f903b2af062dbc9.png

Some of us have to work for a living you know. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

out of curiosity what's that blue thing on top of the blue westy in the picture is it my eyes or is it a wing

31 minutes ago, Barnsley John said:

out of curiosity what's that blue thing on top of the blue westy in the picture is it my eyes or is it a wing

I thought that at first glance ,however it’s the boot lid .

55 minutes ago, Barnsley John said:

🤣 John

It's my boot lid resting on the cage...

• 3 weeks later...

The doctor is forecasting light cloud, moderate beeze and 10 degrees, meaning the remedy is to chuck a sickie, drive your Westfield and eat cake. Is anyone joining us next Tuesday?

• Like 1

Is this still on? 

Currently raining here in brum hoping it will clear up before 10:30 so I can meet at Matlock, although looks like it’s going to be a wet day up there too?!

Yep. Still on. Raining here but never mind!  Half hood on and leaving at 9.15. Two roads closed on route due to flooding but it just adds to the challenge. See you there!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry Luke and thank you Andrew for replying. Yes it is still on and yes it is raining but I have promised Laura we will bring a/some cars to help her party along, so here we go go go.

See you in a bit Andrew, hope to see you at the weekend Luke.

Mizzley, wizzely, drizzely stuff, it never rained heavily but it never stopped either, so after a quick meet up in Matlock, we drove straight into a road blocked with an accident. 3 point turn, nice in a Westfield with a roof on, and we took a road up to Lea, past Willersley Castle and back down to put us 1 mile down the road on the other side of the accident. We were not supposed to do a run around today but it was not unpleasant and we soon arrived at The National Stone Centre to display the cars.

DSC00271.JPG.1882572c464c4e04f740041a73c07c59.JPG

Andrew presented us with our present that he has made, a weather vane with a green Westfield on.

DSC00265.JPG.1c03a9216a9f468e0109748f55bb5bbe.JPG

Designed and hand made by Andrew, it is a wonderful and very thoughtful present which will take pride of place on our house.

DSC00274.JPG.291734c141d5064798f75d93e5662702.JPG

In the Blue Lagoon Cafe the feasting began with lamb casserole and crusty bread, followed by birthday cake, then jammy cream scones for us and tarte au citron for Andrew, burp, excuse me. 3 hours later we reluctantly headed for home having enjoyed the party atmosphere in the cafe, good car chats and laughs. Glen won a £5 gift voucher on the pass the parcel.

DSC00273.JPG.7072df05e97751bb2b1b25aa0d350ef2.JPG

For the journey home the drizzle lingered on but it was cosy and warm in the car with the roof on. A great big whopping thanks has to go to Andrew today for driving all the way to meet us and then bringing a prezzie too.

• Like 7

Glad to see you had company for your mid week outing. What a fantastic early Xmas present from @AndrewBClarke:praise:

Not that you really need a weather vane, as it's always 'Westfield O'clock' in your world! 😎

• Like 2