TableLeg

Pre IVA visual checks. Are these ok?

TableLeg

Another question,

Front indicators - Visibility

Ive built my car in a narrow single garage. As such it is difficult to work out if my front indicators are within the scope of the IVA requirements. I have them in the pods mounted underneath the headlamps ad the headlamps are on spacers to raise them up.
If I were to push it out onto the street even then I don't think I'd be able to determine if they are ok or not. Anyone have any clever ideas before I start looking at Trigonometry....😫

AndrewOBW

From memory, most people who struggle with the indicator position on ZKs improve it by swapping over the LH and RH side brackets to shuffle everything forward a little.  Wasn't an issue for me as I used the standard Westfield items rather than Caterham style but I remember one of the IVA threads where someone had to remind the tester that because of the height of them on a Westfield, it changes the requirements to a smaller angle which might help you too. 

• Thanks 1

TableLeg

Thanks Andrew, :yes:

5 minutes ago, AndrewOBW said:

From memory, most people who struggle with the indicator position on ZKs improve it by swapping over the LH and RH side brackets to shuffle everything forward a little. 

Yes I remember the post about the headlamp brackets and had already swapped them so they are in the forward most position.

5 minutes ago, AndrewOBW said:

but I remember one of the IVA threads where someone had to remind the tester that because of the height of them on a Westfield, it changes the requirements to a smaller angle which might help you too. 

Yes I remember that too, but can't remember the exact details. I'll try and find it.

Thanks again 😊

Steve (sdh2903)

As above at my last Iva I had the brackets swapped over and also pushed the pods as far out board as possible without touching the arch on full lock. The tester never mentioned them at all. From my rough measurements they were borderline. However I didn't know anything of a height that changed the angles either I'll have to have a read up.

• Thanks 1