TableLeg

Pre IVA visual checks. Are these ok?

TableLeg

Can anybody please tell me if the harness adjuster buckles on the straps behind the seat need to meet the radius test?

20190907_121051.thumb.jpg.d5b69a0ae948580acd50d528e354ebeb.jpg

If so I'll try and design some covers and 3d print them.

I should add, I already have boots that cover the harness attachment points.

AdgeC

Personally I'd err on the side of caution and cover them. Could you not extend he "witches hat" buckle covers, or make a simple stretch material sleeve.

Although I'm sure you want to demonstrate your 3D printing prowess again :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Er, do those fit with the seats fully back? I had a set of similar at one point, and they touched the back of the seat before the belt was pulled taught if you see what I mean.

• Thanks 1

TableLeg
15 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Personally I'd err on the side of caution and cover them. Could you not extend he "witches hat" buckle covers, or make a simple stretch material sleeve.

Although I'm sure you want to demonstrate your 3D printing prowess again :rolleyes:

Thanks Adge, That would be one solution for sure. The boots I had made for the fixing points I designed and cut myself but not having any sewing equipment took them to somewhere and paid for them to be stitched. I'll definitely look at how easy that would be to do. I could cut some material and take them and get them stitched to the originals.

Won't be able to do that until next week as the place I took them will be closed until Monday.

:yes:

TableLeg
18 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Er, do those fit with the seats fully back? I had a set of similar at one point, and they touched the back of the seat before the belt was pulled taught if you see what I mean.

The passenger seat is fully back, the drivers forward a bit. I'll go and double check the clearances when fitted.

• Like 1

TableLeg
On 07/09/2019 at 14:23, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Dave,

They don't touch the seat but the passenger side (fixed seat al the way rearwars) is close but doesn't actually touch.

Is your concern that they cannot touch the seat?

TableLeg

I have changed the title of this post as I think It'll be easy to detail any Pre IVA queries I have all in one place.

Another query, any thoughts on whether the mounting plate would or would not be ok here on the mirrors cage mount?

20190908_161734.thumb.jpg.d079e49960cec7a969fddf85e6fc0e44.jpg20190908_161741.thumb.jpg.42a4f2d98e3de2c09686882969a96776.jpg

If not I could try and add some trim of print some covers for them.

1 hour ago, TableLeg said:

Dave,

They don't touch the seat but the passenger side (fixed seat al the way rearwars) is close but doesn't actually touch.

Is your concern that they cannot touch the seat?

Exactly, they can't touch the seat*, or the seat back must become a stressed member to act as a support, (which in our case it can't). The key bit, is that if the seat is adjustable, it can't touch with the seat all the way back.

*thats simplifying it somewhat, it's not the same as the belt resting on the seat grommet.

TableLeg
16 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Exactly, they can't touch the seat*, or the seat back must become a stressed member to act as a support, (which in our case it can't). The key bit, is that if the seat is adjustable, it can't touch with the seat all the way back.

*thats simplifying it somewhat, it's not the same as the belt resting on the seat grommet.

Thanks Dave,

So They are fine with me in the drivers seat, but only in my normal driving position. Both seats (drivers in the rear most position and passenger fixed in the rear most position) both make contact with the buckle at the seat cutout hole. ☹️

So unless I can adjust them so that the buckles are through the seat cutout holes to start with I guess I'm going to need to buy some more harnesses for the IVA.

:no:

TableLeg

Another query,

What have people used to give the nut on a lambda sensor a suitable edge for IVA?

Steve Smith - AO Hampshire And Isle Of Wight

I did not do anything to my lambda nut and it pass IVA ok.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TableLeg said:

Thanks Dave,

So They are fine with me in the drivers seat, but only in my normal driving position. Both seats (drivers in the rear most position and passenger fixed in the rear most position) both make contact with the buckle at the seat cutout hole. ☹️

So unless I can adjust them so that the buckles are through the seat cutout holes to start with I guess I'm going to need to buy some more harnesses for the IVA.

:no:

Or fit a blocker bar in the seat tracks so that the seats only slide back to the position you want!

TableLeg
1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Or fit a blocker bar in the seat tracks so that the seats only slide back to the position you want!

Thanks Dave, Unfortunately that won't work for the fixed passenger seat. ☹️

TableLeg

Ok so a slight update, I may have overlooked something obvious which was pointed out to me by the harness supplier.

Tonight I loosened the shoulder strap slider, slid it through the rear seat cutouts and forward enough that they now sit on the top of my chest after the hole cutout rather than behind it.

I can't say if this would be uncomfortable but so far as the buckle slider itself will pass the IVA tests I can live with it for now.

20190909_202959.thumb.jpg.014965386e191385ff0d89b70011c038.jpg

The only thing I can think now is to check that the drivers seat in its fully forward position doesn't foul the seat cutout. If it does, then like Dave suggests maybe some form of locking device to prevent the seat from sliding forward.

• Like 1

Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO
On 08/09/2019 at 16:28, TableLeg said:

Another query, any thoughts on whether the mounting plate would or would not be ok here on the mirrors cage mount?

That top pointy bit might just get caught in the radius test. Better trim or cover it to be safe. 

• Thanks 1