New member and very happy first time owner!

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

Hi all! 

After about 40 years hankering after a sevenesque car, I finally took the plunge at the weekend and I'm the very proud owner of a gorgeous Westfield! I've always been a petrol head and have recently put together a track day R53 BMW Mini (that my eldest is now inheriting). 

Being 6ft 4 I wanted a wide bodied car and ideally a 2.0 zetec or redtop, and I also like the more modern cycle wing look. 

After much searching, I finally found one I fell in love with, a '96 SEIW in yellow and carbon fibre with a 2.0 blacktop, twin 45 Weber's, TD 1.2's, Gaz coilovers etc and loads of history. John, the previous owner (a really nice guy!) was a long term member of the WSCC and recommended I join. I'm sure people here will know the car. She's not perfect or a show car, but she's all mine! 😁

I'm looking forward to meeting some other owners (weather permitting!) and picking your brains when I inevitably start fettling, fixing and upgrading! 

Great to be part of the Club!

Rob

P90825-150410.jpg

• Like 7

Hello Rob, car looks great...

• Thanks 1

Cool car. Welcome from Buckinghamshire.  Love your enthusiasm! :yellow-westy:

• Thanks 1

Looks cool. Hopefully meet you sometime on the Peak District trips. Keep a look out in the ‘local area meets’ on this site - no doubt it wouldn’t be long before a trip out is organised!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Looks cool. Hopefully meet you sometime on the Peak District trips. Keep a look out in the ‘local area meets’ on this site - no doubt it wouldn’t be long before a trip out is organised!  

Thanks, I will be keeping an eye out

Welcome on board the fun train! 

• Thanks 1

I do remember the car because of the logo (Jordan F1 livery) but can’t remember the member.  Hardly a surprise when I can barely remember what I had for breakfast.  Welcome on board and have a great time! :) 

• Thanks 1

Welcome!

28 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

I do remember the car because of the logo (Jordan F1 livery) but can’t remember the member.  Hardly a surprise when I can barely remember what I had for breakfast.  Welcome on board and have a great time! :) 

The car's been through several long term members, if it's the one I think it is. If my (poor) memory serves, wasn't it Carpet Stu's in the early/mid 2000's, who oversaw a lot of Carbon Mods additions and general upgrades?

• Thanks 1

Loving the Jordan Look! Welcome from Sunny Southampton :ww:

• Thanks 1

Welcome @RobH72 we have lots of great runs into the Peak District with @Julie Hall - Peak District AO. Hope to see you and your new card on one.

• Like 1