Unexpected find at Halfords.

DonPeffers

Haynes Women's Car DIY Manual  £21.99    https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/haynes-manuals/haynes-womens-car-diy-manual

The Haynes Women's Car DIY Manual is an empowering manual written by a female car mechanic. It explains all the areas of owning, maintaining & caring for your car. After absorbing the guidance in this manual you will know how to deal with a puncture, replace a brake light or even do an oil change - and when to challenge a garage mechanic's advice!

They can't do this! How can we still say "Don't you worry your pretty head about that, my love!" 😮

I can imagine giving this to Lady Colonial.

i can also imagine me being taken to casualty afterwards with the book lodged firmly in my fundament.

My wife wouldn't need one.  Despite being a non-driver she is an Honours Graduate from the University of Google.  This was recently demonstrated when the air con recently packed up in the family pool tin top.  We checked the cheap stuff but, of course, it turned out to be the compressor.  "I told you that" she said when I owned up.  "You never listen to me"!  Thankfully Google said that it would cost over a grand so when I came back with a fixed car for £400 she seemed happy enough!

Simon