Snow White and the Seven Drivers Tour

Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

We have seven 7 type cars. :yellow-westy::yellow-westy::yellow-westy::db-westy::db-westy::db-westy::db-westy:

We are going for seven days.

we return to the UK on the 7th

I wonder what we should call our forthcoming German tour? 😀

Hopefully we will get more pics like this :sun: (plus mr Smeg and John of course)

20150821_112736-1.jpg

• Like 8

the magnificent 7 ride again..... baden baden… here we come, watchout oldtimer!

32 minutes ago, John Williams - Blyton Organiser said:

watchout oldtimer!

See if you can keep up with the old timer now he's four years older 🤑

Sounds like a great trip , not jealous at all :cry:

Just about 45 miles North of there is the Hockenhiemring , well worth a visit if only to see the massive grandstands  

The old track was a super fast circuit going out into the surrounding forest , there you will find a memorial to the late Jim Clark who sadly lost his life a minor F2 race in 1968 

Clicky Click ......

Hockenheimring

Here is the planned route :cool:

7 route.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

I wonder what we should call our forthcoming German tour? 

Boris’ new Brexit negotiating team?  A low-budget remake of The Great Escape?  The Bladder Busters?  Where Bald Eagles Dare? Das Boot Box?  No idea, give me a clue.  🤣

• Haha 2

Shall I tag along???  I gotta new book!!!! 

IMG_20190821_175702.jpg

• Like 2

Must be ‘The Great Escape’

As you’re going to Freiburg,  I can recommend a small diversion to Landgasthof Lilie in Triberg and sample the best Schwarzwald torte mitt Kirsch in the World. So good I had slice for Kaffee & Kuchen and another for dessert after dinner.

@marcusb is @Terryathome back in the fold after  the great WSCC support and love,  you gave him on the last trip?

will you be driving the Ring this time or are you getting other lame excuses ready ?  It’s too hilly and it’s too green, won’t wash :laugh:

Have a great trip.

• Haha 1

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 12:09, Captain Colonial said:

Boris’ new Brexit negotiating team?  A low-budget remake of The Great Escape?  The Bladder Busters?  Where Bald Eagles Dare? Das Boot Box?  No idea, give me a clue.  🤣

Seven Brides for Seven Sisters?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

@marcusb is @Terryathome back in the fold after  the great WSCC support and love,  you gave him on the last trip?

will you be driving the Ring this time or are you getting other lame excuses ready ?  It’s too hilly and it’s too green, won’t wash :laugh:

Have a great trip.

Still working on Terry Ian, taking some doing!! and yes the ring is on the to do list 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 week to go and current status is!:

@Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO – Engine repairs nearly complete – new ECU in post

@John Williams - Blyton Organiser – Collating cycle wings as usually looses a few on trips

@Lee Smith – Westy mothballed last 4 years  started yesterday was running a bit rough, MOT today

@Paul Hurdsfield – Retired so been packed and ready last 3 weeks – currently neck deep in maps

@W Shep – fitting some dodgy perspex wind deflectors manufactured by Barber Bodge-it.com

@marcusb – As above + practising Nurburgring on PS4

@Terryathome – painting all the letters white on his R88’s

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, marcusb said:

@marcusb – As above + practising Nurburgring on PS4

Aim straight through down the fox hole, keep it absolutely pinned through the compression then a big cut through the left hander - it’ll make you feel alive 😄

Car running on all 4 again. needs lots of love so MOT on Monday now!

• Like 1