Export a Westfield to France

CrisisWolf

After some googling and not finding much out what is needed to export a Westfield to France? Read things like CoC or keeping it UK registered etc. Its a 2000 and looks like rules on how to changed in 1998 but unsure if its possible, what paperwork is needed and how to do it.

Been asked by someone in France so Im asking you! 

There have been a couple of French members who have imported their cars and written bout it in here.  I’ll try my Search Fu powers... :) 

EDIT: Might be something of use here, but digging required.

https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/search/?q=France&type=forums_topic&nodes=88

Also check the Member Map and PM any current club members living in France and get their advice:

https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/membermap/

Lots sold to France just not sure how or what was needed it seems. Hopefully someone/thing will appear here or via a long google search by me in due course.

Selling is the easy bit, registering over there is the hard part

i sold a seven to Prague and for selling I kept a copy in both languages of the sale including the date and time , “ bought as seen “ declaration and a declaration that he was now legally responsible for the car and any traffic offences within the uk and abroad from the time of sale. As he was driving it home ( he had previously arranged insurance)

i then filled in the v5 as permanently exported and included a copy of the bill of sale and posted to dvla 

The registration abroad is down to the buyer and the onus would be on them to ensure that they are aware of the legalities, options and process. Indeed it would be prudent if the purchaser contacted their nearest vehicle registration office for guidance and clarity.

in our case it took Michal over a year to go back and forth before getting his local registration and when he purchased the car I gave him the folder with all the iva and Vosa / dvla paperwork 

in addition we had to made up a 3 view drawing showing the dimensions 

eventually with a new spirts cat the car passed the tight eu emissions tests and he was sorted

sorry for the long winded reply

• 4 weeks later...