LSD, crate Zetec etc on LCB

Kingster

21 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

weirdly i was thinking of buying the whole package but i really want a BEC

Buy it, flog the engine, induction, exhaust, gearbox etc. Buy a bike engine 😁

Just now, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Buy it, flog the engine, induction, exhaust, gearbox etc. Buy a bike engine 😁

i did think that but at the moment its just having time to get there to get it

Just keep in mind that the induction/engine management system being offered is a Weber Alpha set up. It’s actually a good ecu and throttle bodies, however, you need to check before parting with cash, whether the ecu was one of the small number of final ecu’s made before Weber stopped supporting them, that can be mapped still. The majority of Weber Alpha ecu’s supplied, including via Westfield, required the mapper to have a special, expensive, Weber supplied security dongle plugged into their laptop, in order to “unlock” the ecu.

These dongles are no longer available, and as far as I know, from speaking to Northampton Motorsport, the last ones in use failed some years ago. Unfortunately this means the ecu’s that required them are effectively unmappable. (I have one in the second car, it’s incredibly frustrating!)

a very good point Dave. Ive been looking around at some of the prices of things in the list for sale and the ecu is the only thing i couldnt find. its got alot of good bits with it and will be a good purchase for someone but not me.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.