***FOUND*** Reverse Box

MegaMutt

Westfield Reverse box required to fit Megabusa, or if anyone knows anywhere spare parts can be purchase that would help a refurb of the one I have.

i had our spare refurbished about two years ago by a mate ... he did a first rate job .. new seals / chain / inspection / set up ... if your after it being done for you then PM me and i can pass on your details to him

Hi I recently did a full refurb on my rgb

Link here

There's a few updates to it.

1.the top bolt in the casing is a 12X1.5 thread with a 8mm barbed banjo bolt in it. The hose is 8mm internal bore clear wall pipe from B&Q running up to the reservoir. Use 6-11mm jubilee clips to get enough grip on the seal. I had to file just a bit of the banjo side to get it to clear the top rgb mounting brackets, easy job. 

2. All seals are available from the nearest bearings supplier, have any problems I'll give you addresses of the ones I used near me.

3. The input/output shafts are just about 50mm diameter. The original seals are 65x50x8mm which isn't tight enough to the shaft rotation. I'm trialling 65x49x6 seals now to see if that helps. I've also got a 48mm seal if that's ng. 

4. The bearings are over the counter at local bearing place

5. The chain is off a scooter if I remember rightly. Take the old one into a motor bike shop to match. You'll need to shorten it and rejoin it with a split link joint (from bike shop) 

6. Oil, I used EP90 oil (around 150-200ml)or to the bolt hole in the side, there's 2 bolts the same. 12X1.5mm I replaced them with X2 proper bolts cut down as the original ones round off VERY easy. Watch the the bolt winds all the way in properly onto a copper washer. Sometimes bolts have no thread to the head.. So you need a bolt with thread all the way to the hex head. 

Yea, a fart on but once its done.. 👍

I went 1 step further and added a digital temperature gauge to the side using the lower drain bolt hole. Bought from car builder solutions. You'll need a 12X1.5mm adapter screwed in the drain hole. This then has 2 other holes, 12X1.5mm in the end which you fit the original drain bolt. And the temp sensor screws into the side 1/8th NPT thread with a bit of ptfe tape. The unit needs 12v switchable supply and an earth.. Bit of velcro holds the display where you want it. Heat range is up to 120° but I've not seen more than 55-60° tops yet after a fast test.  It's handy to have as once you know where the temperature should be, if it climbs your probably losing oil... 

7. I blocked the original vent hole with a small cut down pin gently tapped home to a wedged in fit. The used epoxy to seal over the top. Had no issues so far. 

Tex thanks for all the info, looks like I will be going down the refurb route over the winter. 

I will let you know how it goes (or doesn't) !!!!

If you ever come across one for sale please let me know as a spare would be handy 🙂

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.