2013 50k VW Passat Estate - Ultra loaded with options - SOLD

Tim Reid

Volkswagen Passat Estate 2.0 TDI Highline BlueMotion DSG with a huge list of options. I bought this car five years ago from a main dealer when it was 1 year old and had done 3,800 miles. It’s now done 50,000 and time for me to have a change. I spent a long time searching for this car and the list of options below is why. If you know VW Passats you will know they are excellent cars, this one has been a joy to own and only needed servicing, each time passing the VW checks with flying colours including just a month ago for the annual service and MOT.

Feature and options (if you’re in a hurry scroll down to the summary below):

In addition to many of the standard great features of the car its worth highlighting why this one is special:

-        Just over 50,000 miles (that roughly 8,300 per year). I work from home a lot so this is a mix of local and motorways but mostly motorways when I do need to go to an office or visit family or go on holiday.

-        2.0 TDI diesel is well suited for this size of car. Yes VW pushed the rules a bit a few years ago with NOX emission levels but they re-mapped the car to fully comply with the government regulations. I can honestly say it didn’t make any difference to the smoothness or efficiency or anything else other than an hour out of my day (at least it was free and VW did wash it!)

-        6 speed DSG gearbox. Which is a dual clutch automatic and semi-automatic gearbox so you can happily relax in normal or sport mode with it changing gear super fast for a smooth acceleration or deceleration or flick into manual mode and either sequentially shift up and down using the gear leaver or the paddles on the back of the steering wheel like a F1 car. You can also turn on “coasting mode” which is a clear feature for saving fuel, it disengages the clutch when you take you foot off the accelerator which lets the engine revs drop down to idle and the car coast. Due to the DSG gearbox be so fast and smooth its always ready to accelerate again. If you don’t like it... just turn it off, easy!

-        Panoramic roof with electric shade. Can be opened in tilt or slide back for that open air feeling.

-        18 inch diamond cut alloys with premium tyres.

-        Pearlescent grey paint which has always been well cared for with protection and hand washing.

-        Auto hold which I would personally say is a life saving feature. With a normal automatic car when you take your foot off the brake it will move forward... with Auto Hold the car won’t move forward until you start to press the accelerator. This not only means you can relax at traffic lights without your foot jammed on the brake but it makes every hill start (up to down) perfect!

-        Electronic handbrake which automatically disengages when you press the accelerator to drive away and engages when you put the gearlever into park.

-        Intelligent Start Stop (aka Bluemotion) if you want to save fuel great, this will stop the engine when you are stopped and start again amazing fast so you can move away again. However, if you are like me and more concerned about the impact on the engine then you can either press a button to turn it off or... here’s the intelligent part... it gives you a few seconds after stopping to take your foot off the brake before stopping the engine. With the Auto Hold feature this means you can stop the car in traffic and keep the engine running. I like it!

-        Power tail gate / boot. From a press of a button in the car, on the keyfob or from the handle it will open and close the boot for you.

-        Keyless so you can walk up the car with the key in your pocket or bag, it will only unlock when you are close to the car, get in and press the shiny “START” button. It also does some clever tricks... for example if your holding shopping the both hands you can wave your foot under the rear of the car and the boot will fully open for you. AND, if you somehow forget the key is in the bag you put in the boot when you close it... it will open again for you to stop you from locking the key in the boot! ALSO, it’s cleaver enough not to do this when the key is inside the main part of the car, even the back seats.

-        Touch screen colour sat nav with DAB radio, Bluetooth phone, music interface (directly connect iPOD, USB drive, phones, etc). Steering wheel controls and driver information display between the dials.

-        Auto wipers, lights, and dimming review and side mirror.

-        DRL’s (Daytime Running Lights).

-        Heated seats which keep you super toasty in winter.

-        Dual zone climate control so you and your passenger can have separate temperatures which is mandatory if you’re going on holiday with my wife!

-        Heated front windscreen. THIS IS RARE and awesome, it clears condensation, ice and snow is no time at all.

-        Front and rear parking sensors.

-        Chrome roof bars and window surrounds. An optional extra which makes a subtle but impressive improvement to the cars appearance.

-        Built in child seats (yes, read that again it really does have built in child seats!) This is a SUPER RARE option even the main dealer I bought the car from hadn’t seen it during his ten years. They are both Group 2 (15-25 kg) and group 3 (22-36 kg) as specified by standard ECE-R 44. This covers about age three to twelve with the flexibility that when not needed the base drops down into the seat and the side impact protection is removable and easily fit in the boot even if you have other luggage to carry. This gave my family great flexibility.

-        ISO Fix child seat anchors plus rear of seat anchors.

-        Rear seat flippers. Ok, I don’t know the proper name but from near the opening of the boot you can pull these flippers/leavers and the rear seats drop down. It saves the crawling around in the back of the car when you buy something in Ikea which is just a little bigger than you thought it would be.

-        Cruise control which you can set at any speed then adjust.

-        Front and side airbags which have never been used J

-        12v power outlets in the front, rear, and boot which are useful for keeping everyone’s phones or tables topped up.

-        Electric windows all round and a button for the driver to turn off the window controls in the back so you can stop your children (or annoying friends) from opening the windows when the air con is going.

-        Tyre pressure sensor (the type which alerts you of a flat but not the detail of the pressure in each wheel).

-        Detachable towbar (professionally fitted Westfalia) which you wouldn’t know is then until you attach the lockable swan neck. I also have the original “crash bar” should you want to remove it totally. I’ve towed a small braked car trailer (under 1,000 kg) about 10 times over the past 5 years which is roughly 500 miles so very little use. It’s clever too... the car knows the trailer is attached and so adjust the settings in the gearbox, monitors the lights, and when the car is locked the alarm will sound if someone tries to steal your trailer.

-        Full size spare alloy wheel which matches the others so you have a true spare not just a steel wheel.

-        Easy to remember number plate LD13 DDF.

Servicing, MOT, Tax:

Tax currently costs £145 per year or £12.69 per month.

It’s been serviced as per schedule, all at VW main dealers, including optional brake fluid replacements and some years a winter safety check.

Dec 2013 @ 3,645 miles first service.

July 2015 @ 12,180 miles major.

July 2016 @ 21,979 miles minor.

July 2017 @ 31,619 miles major.

June 2018 @ 39,766 miles minor including cam belt.

June 2019 @ 49,689 miles major.

Next service due either June 2020 or 60k. Cam belt due 2023 or 90,000 miles.

MOT due 17th July 2020.

Summary of key feature and options:

-        50,000 miles, mostly motorways.

-        2.0 TDI diesel, 6 speed DSG gearbox, Intelligent Start Stop (aka Bluemotion)

-        Panoramic roof with electric shade.

-        18 inch diamond cut alloys with premium tyres.

-        Pearlescent grey paint

-        Auto hold feature and electronic handbrake

-        Power tail gate / boot

-        Keyless

-        Touch screen colour sat nav with DAB radio, Bluetooth phone, music interface

-        Auto wipers, lights, and dimming review and side mirror

-        DRL’s

-        Heated seats

-        Dual zone climate control

-        Heated front windscreen

-        Front and rear parking sensors

-        Built in child seats.

-        ISO Fix

-        Cruise control

-        Detachable towbar.

I also have a set of lockable aero roof bars which maybe included in the deal if required.

As I’m sure you can tell from this advert, I’ve loved this car and think it’s awesome. I’ve always taken care of it to keep it like new. I wasn’t intending on selling it as I’ve just put it through a service and MOT and a couple of month ago had all the wheel professionally refurbished (including diamond cutting) but I like to change my cars and found a nice rare red Audi.

Feel free to ask any questions but as I’m not a trader so cannot take part exchange and you need to show insurance to test drive or I can drive you.

IMG_20190803_140124.jpg

IMG_20190803_140133.jpg

20 hours ago, Resto157 said:

Price ?

Added along with full details.

What Audi have you seen? I was looking at a A5 but read in press it was a dull drive. Maybe the top end Audi are better as a drivers car? I’m now looking at BMW 4 series. Just interested. 

Good luck with sale, looks very tidy.

Andy

2 hours ago, Greenstreak-Andy D said:

What Audi have you seen? I was looking at a A5 but read in press it was a dull drive. Maybe the top end Audi are better as a drivers car? I’m now looking at BMW 4 series. Just interested. 

Good luck with sale, looks very tidy.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I've bought a 2016 A6 Avant, S-line black edition Ultra. It's a pleasure to drive to and from work or on family holidays but not exciting... I have the Westfield for that!

🙂

5 hours ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Hi Andy,

I've bought a 2016 A6 Avant, S-line black edition Ultra. It's a pleasure to drive to and from work or on family holidays but not exciting... I have the Westfield for that!

🙂

I know what you mean, I must use the Westie more!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.