Never thought I'd say this, it's too hot to drive a Westfield today

CraigHew

Just been out for an hour round our local B roads, it's actually too hot.  I'm the worlds worst for waiting for a nice fine sunny day before going out for a drive but good lord.

The wife berated me upon my return for wearing my Westfield jacket. SHe said I should have just worn a T shirt, but I guess old habits die hard: back in my motorcycling years my rule was always ride in leathers, no matter how hot.  I had loads of mates who would jump on their bikes in shorts and T shirts but I always understood the consequences of sliding down the road in your skin.....

Maybe I'll try the T shirt tomorrow....?

It's NEVER too hot for a Westfield, are you nuts? A jacket, mon dieu! 

Shorts and a little t shirt, loose linen shirt to stop burning... 

Yes I was also a biker! Only pulling up in the shade Betty Swollocks.  That's why I drive a wez! 

Ps. I don't have any... You know whats

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I was thinking it was too hot today but managed a 90 mile loop with the obligatory SPF30 slapped on and especially not forgetting the back of the ears.

Winter coat in the morning - T-shirt in the afternoon...  go hang your head in shame! 😛

• Like 1

I'm fairly sure 2 weeks back Sainsburys had coffee flavour ice cream (well known brand) at £2 per litre but checking today it's £3.50.

Might be my memory or hot weather/supply and demand or politics/currency etc.

Typical for price to increase just when you want something.

• Confused 1

Good to wear a cap as well, especially if stuck in slow moving traffic with the midday sun beating down :sun:

You're joking, perfect weather today and defo the best place to be. As someone who is always freezing I could live like this all day long. This is how I travelled today.

DSC08928.JPG

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

I'm borrowing one today :orange-westy: Seems perfect weather to me :d

Perks of the job Patrick! 

Eeeny, meeny, miny, mo!

What did you plump for - pictures please!

• Like 1

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO Perks indeed. I had the zetec. Went for a haircut everyone in the shop loved it, all came outside and had a look. Then went for a drive round the local area. Fantastic evening for it. Shame I'm now stuck in the office. Maybe one day I'll get my own :db-westy:

I didn't take an images this time. Next time I'll be sure to take a few. The first few times I took a car out for a drive it was pictures galore. I'm wanting to take my boy out in it. Would love to see his face light up.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO Perks indeed. I had the zetec. Went for a haircut everyone in the shop loved it, all came outside and had a look. Then went for a drive round the local area. Fantastic evening for it. Shame I'm now stuck in the office. Maybe one day I'll get my own :db-westy:

I didn't take an images this time. Next time I'll be sure to take a few. The first few times I took a car out for a drive it was pictures galore. I'm wanting to take my boy out in it. Would love to see his face light up.

Very nice!

Flo-Car-1st_Ride.thumb.jpeg.5a9307ccb0c95d68174ba1f5e2ebb049.jpeg

Here is Flo my 5 year old loving the Winter ride out.  I use an inflatable 'Bumbo' booster seat from Halfords and switch the harness behind the seats to make sure they are closer on the shoulders.

Her two favourite phrases are 'Louder, Daddy, Louder' and 'Put the pedal to the metal' - obviously I have no idea where these come from?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I remember driving my V8 in this weather, the heat from the engine and the hot sun beating down in traffic was horrid.

However, with a lovely cool Zetec and amazing airflow the FW is a joy to drive in this weather :-) 

• Like 1

I've been out in the Eleven in the past week - including running as course opening car on the Maharajah's Tour (a 70 mile scenic tour in Oxfordshire). Usual summer attire for me - shorts and Hawaiian shirt and the only issue is where my head sticks well up in the airflow over the wraparound aeroscreen, I end up with hair like Jedward!  A 61 year old man with a comb in the door pocket to supplement the Dzus fastener removing key - whatever next!

Simon

• Like 1

Drove in 40degC in our Alps tour,  well we were on our way back via Stuttgart. Sweat and sun cream in my eyes, yep, that was my temperature limit!

Andy