LOTON PARK AMM-PHOTOGRAPHY

Terry Everall

11 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Graham, I think you are in the minority as those I discussed it with it in the paddock were fully behind the decision not to run our own separate classes.

11 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Graham, I think you are in the minority as those I discussed it with it in the paddock were fully behind the decision not to run our own separate classes.

Terry

You told me at Blyton that the class structure at Blyton was reduced due to cost constraints!

If we are short of money we should not be paying Photographers at the expense of the SS rules for our home event!

And this should apply equally to other events if money is tight!

For your records I was not the only one against the Blyton class structure , please see other posts prior to Blyton!

We should have found away of running to the SS rules at our home event and slotting the other club entries in accordingly!

Our rules for 2019 had not been changed and therefore we should have run to them at Blyton and not disregard them with your catch all statement I have discussed it in the paddock!

Now let's get back to the justification for spending money on a photographer for Loton?

Glutey

3 hours ago, graham frankland said:

Terry

You told me at Blyton that the class structure at Blyton was reduced due to cost constraints!

If we are short of money we should not be paying Photographers at the expense of the SS rules for our home event!

And this should apply equally to other events if money is tight!

For your records I was not the only one against the Blyton class structure , please see other posts prior to Blyton!

We should have found away of running to the SS rules at our home event and slotting the other club entries in accordingly!

Our rules for 2019 had not been changed and therefore we should have run to them at Blyton and not disregard them with your catch all statement I have discussed it in the paddock!

Now let's get back to the justification for spending money on a photographer for Loton?

Glutey

The SSOT need prior approval to spend funds from the main club committee. Blyton's finances have to balance to justify its existence and has different finances to the Speed Series.As a club on our own, we need people to enter our event and other competitors were being put off entering due to potentially small classes with not enough numbers to warrant a trophy plus the lack of competition. I'm sure there would have been a trophy up for grabs in whichever class you entered. You just need to win it and not just take part to do so.

The photography is for club publicity not just for the Speed Series and some select venues were decided upon for variety. None of these decisions are Terry's own and are approved by the SSOT and also the main committee so stop trying to give him a hard time for no reason.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

No not everyone Terry !

Personally I feel it was a missed opportunity. If we can’t celebrate the achievements of all Westfield classes at a WSCC run event then we’ve lost the plot. 

☹️

11 minutes ago, Marto303 said:

No not everyone Terry !

Personally I feel it was a missed opportunity. If we can’t celebrate the achievements of all Westfield classes at a WSCC run event then we’ve lost the plot. 

☹️

But surely not at the cost of the event making a loss due to not attracting enough entries from elsewhere to justify its existence. The event could not run with just WSCC entries alone. Numbers have already dwindled over the years from well over 100 to 60 something. Thats over 40 entry fees that we have lost since the event began

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, John said:

But surely not at the cost of the event making a loss due to not attracting enough entries from elsewhere to justify its existence. The event could not run with just WSCC entries alone. Numbers have already dwindled over the years from well over 100 to 60 something. Thats over 40 entry fees that we have lost since the event began

Surely your missing the point John and I guess would feel differently if you still ran in a Westfield. 

Ive spent years and ££££££ developing a car to a set of class regs ( set by the SSOT ) with the objective of competing to win that class. 

During the the year we compete at events run by many different clubs and accept their rules and class structures. Sometimes that opens the opportunity to a class award on the day sometimes not. 

Many clubs lump all the wscc competitors into one class, therefore the competitor with the fastest car is bound to to class honours on the day, again we accept that. 

But at our own run event, the one opportunity per season to compete and challenge for and award in your Westfield class with and against your class mates made it an event to look forward to, shame really to lose that in my opinion. 

I agree that numbers are a problem, we have many we’ll known drivers not out again this year and more of you scratching different itches, not sure those of us still putting our hands in our pockets should feel the effects of that though. 

3 hours ago, Marto303 said:

Surely your missing the point John and I guess would feel differently if you still ran in a Westfield. 

Ive spent years and ££££££ developing a car to a set of class regs ( set by the SSOT ) with the objective of competing to win that class. 

During the the year we compete at events run by many different clubs and accept their rules and class structures. Sometimes that opens the opportunity to a class award on the day sometimes not. 

Many clubs lump all the wscc competitors into one class, therefore the competitor with the fastest car is bound to to class honours on the day, again we accept that. 

But at our own run event, the one opportunity per season to compete and challenge for and award in your Westfield class with and against your class mates made it an event to look forward to, shame really to lose that in my opinion. 

I agree that numbers are a problem, we have many we’ll known drivers not out again this year and more of you scratching different itches, not sure those of us still putting our hands in our pockets should feel the effects of that though. 

Martin. I assure you that I am not missing the point. However, Blyton could not go ahead with just WSCC participants alone and other championship contenders are reluctant to come to events where there will be low numbers in classes as it hampers their possible points allocations and chances of a trophy. We need them to make it viable. I understand why you feel like you do but there is no real easy answer without taking a financial hit

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John said:

The SSOT need prior approval to spend funds from the main club committee. Blyton's finances have to balance to justify its existence and has different finances to the Speed Series.As a club on our own, we need people to enter our event and other competitors were being put off entering due to potentially small classes with not enough numbers to warrant a trophy plus the lack of competition. I'm sure there would have been a trophy up for grabs in whichever class you entered. You just need to win it and not just take part to do so.

The photography is for club publicity not just for the Speed Series and some select venues were decided upon for variety. None of these decisions are Terry's own and are approved by the SSOT and also the main committee so stop trying to give him a hard time for no reason.

Firstly it was Terry alone who asked for info on Loton Park only. I feel it is totally resonable for me to ask in the wake of Blyton decisions whether or not a paid photographer is needed at Loton if funds are tight.

It was Tery alone who told me why the class changes had been made at Blyton. I think John Williams was the only other member of the SSOT at Blyton on Saturday and he was doing a great job running the event. I talked also wth Andy Banks and he did not totally concure with Terrry's explaination of events leading up to the decision that the SSOT made!

When you take on these roles and you make decisions that don't make sense you have to accept individually and collectively that you will get repercussions coming to your table with good reason (and not without reason as you suggest)! 

Did it not enter your head that I initially entered a class at Blyton (Class C) which I thought I might of had a chance of winning until you wizzo's put me in the same class as Del. Bunny and John Hoyle?

To be considered crediable I think you shoiuld should refrain from the sarcasm and focus on building the SS as an enjoyable and sustainable championship!

Glutey

Graham

Your provocative comments do not help to solve anything.The decisions about photographer attendance at various events and the Blyton classes were made in the light of the prevailing circumstances and numbers of attendees. We do listen to a wide range of views but can't please everybody and we go with the majority 

1 hour ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Graham

Your provocative comments do not help to solve anything.The decisions about photographer attendance at various events and the Blyton classes were made in the light of the prevailing circumstances and numbers of attendees. We do listen to a wide range of views but can't please everybody and we go with the majority 

I have replied already to this post but the system keeps dropping my log in so it has not gone through!

I am not rewriting it all again so please just refer to John Louden who started the provocation towards me earlier today!

Thanks

G

10 hours ago, graham frankland said:

I have replied already to this post but the system keeps dropping my log in so it has not gone through!

I am not rewriting it all again so please just refer to John Louden who started the provocation towards me earlier today!

Thanks

G

What provocation? Seriously, how does a rational explanation get construed as provocation? :bangshead:   

• Like 1

I understand your frustration John as you have clearly illustrated the decisions made at Blyton

Graham

To make it crystal clear everybody involved with managing and organising the Blyton trackday, tuition and the sprints unanimously agreed on the class structure and the use of our photographer.  We looked at financial issues and the viability of the event. So the relevant Committee members and the SSOT members running the event made the best decisions on behalf of the club . You might not personally agree with them but I cant do anything about your opinion.

1 hour ago, John said:

What provocation? Seriously, how does a rational explanation get construed as provocation? :bangshead:   

Perhaps you should re-read your post and realise how it can be intepreted!

Of course we need other clubs to help make any event viable but I believe you could have slotted other club entrants into our class structure without any major issues!

End of posts on this matter as it is now in the past!

G

53 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Graham

To make it crystal clear everybody involved with managing and organising the Blyton trackday, tuition and the sprints unanimously agreed on the class structure and the use of our photographer.  We looked at financial issues and the viability of the event. So the relevant Committee members and the SSOT members running the event made the best decisions on behalf of the club . You might not personally agree with them but I cant do anything about your opinion.

As I have experienced previously when reasonbly challenged over a disappointing/strange decision the SSOT close ranks and blame the customer!

This is water under the bridge and it cannot be changed, all we can hope for is less strange decisions in the future!

No more from me on the subject of Blyton classes!

How about advising the decision for the photographer at Loton or not!

The AO from Devon was at Gurston on Sunday and he has put some great pictures up on YouTube, perhaps he will allow you to those up on the Gallery if you ask?

G

Just a point regarding the Photographer, Ian Dowding who covered the Shelsley 21st for us last year is there on Sunday, if people want Westfield pictures he will be happy to oblige and is a Loton regular so knows his way around. 

Craig 

• Like 3