Peak District Run Out, Sun 21st July, Matlock 10.30

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Just leaving see you at sainsbury's 

Andy and Sue

We met at Sainsburys Andrew, Andy and Becky, Andy and Sue (only 3 Andys then),Chris, Simon, Nigel, Justin making 8 cars and 11 people.

DSC08889.JPG

Simon

DSC08892.JPG

Nigel

DSC08893.JPG

Off we went along the back lanes

DSC08895.JPG

A photo opportunity at a set of temporary traffic lights

DSC08899.JPG

More back lanesDSC08901.JPG

To our first destination at the plague village of Eyam

DSC08904.JPG

Eyam Hall has refurbished it's cafe and extended it's seating area, so it would be rude not to use it.

DSC08909.JPG

Sue's Andy took a lot of stick for ordering the largest piece of chocolate cake. Posh voice mode - oh darling one has ordered a Pastel de Nata - to me and you that is a Portuguese egg tart, it was flipping gorgeous and I could have eaten 4 of them.

DSC08906.JPG

It was delightful sat in the courtyard and we will definitely return there

DSC08908.JPG

Back on the country lanes in a great big circle to nowhere

DSC08910.JPG

To the Queen Anne at Great Hucklow for our 2pm reservation where the food, service and welcome was 10/10 and we will return here too.

DSC08914.JPG

DSC08915.JPG

Bottoms up, a common photo pose from a Westfield owner. At least today Andy was looking underneath someone elses car.

DSC08918.JPG

We then led Nigel, Andy and Andy over to the A515 for the road back South and what a cracking run, the roads were bigger, faster and very wierdly emptier with lots of twists and turns, oh boy, a great finish to a great day. Thank you everyone for your excellent driving and company, hopefully you have enjoyed the day as much as we have xxxxx

• Like 5

Thanks for another great day around the peaks. Great roads,views and company. 

Also thanks for the advise on how to replace my handbrake cable. Luckily the retro handbrake worked a treat.

P.S

Did you just drive straight passed the Tagg Lane dairy Julie on the way home or stop for another cake sorry I mean loo stop🙂

Thanks again for a fabulous day.

20190721_151956.jpg

Well another fantastic day out with great friends 👍

DC5AD370-078C-460A-82B8-D55AA521B730.thumb.jpeg.5afe09286ea5efde27b12866b7d7686b.jpegmy view for part of the day 😊 but the best bit is the sound of @AndrewBClarke V8 awesome 

42F9DBC5-02C8-45A2-8FCF-D024BDF33393.thumb.jpeg.66a5cef1a9f7c56450818d91046be724.jpeg

great roads

7DF0B1D8-2FB8-4C16-A8D8-44B9A3B911DD.thumb.jpeg.c89ba0951feb9d7d294739799ee76ce9.jpeg

No traffic

8C1785A8-0712-47C6-B2EF-6FE36B235808.thumb.jpeg.5bae2636e749bc8718b9f8591cd13c9c.jpeg

And a funny lady taking photos ,  thank you guys ,take care till next time Becky and Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Andy Westwood it was Tagg Lane, yes, you are right!!  Don't forget, when you have fixed your handbrake, make sure you chuck the big brick out of the car that you are now carrying around 😀

@aeg 'funny lady' I'll take that as a compliment I think. Becky's photo's are great, you can go at the back again.

• Haha 1

Quite possibly the best Peak District run out I've been on so far! A wide variety of roads with a wide variety of Westies - what more could we ask for?

Julie was right - the roads for the first two parts of the run were a little bit windy, bumpy and narrow, but the scenery was stunning. However, after we left the lunch stop heading for home, the roads were wider and more flowing and miraculously, the traffic cleared, so we had a brief but welcome chance to press on a bit

Highlight of the day has to go to the utterly huge piece of chocolate cake that passed me as I walked into the cake shop - I assumed it was for at least three people, but by the time I'd got served and sat down, there were just crumbs on the plate. Quite how Andy managed a lunch after single-handedly downing it was beyond me.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@NigelO I agree, yesterday we achieved perfection regarding a run out, so thank you for standing by me when the last one was not what you call bad, but not the best. It is very important that people give me their opinions, which you do, and I listened and look what happens. 

Andy was the best though, when he said that you could have fitted under the MX5 it was raised that high, and we all roared with laughter when we said 'what! after eating that lot, no chance'  nobody mention the bacon sandwich he had for breakfast OR the fish and chip lunch in the pub, what about the lamb dinner waiting at home!!!!

You are all mad and loads of fun, just like our cars.

• Like 2

The lamb roast dinner was fantastic by the way 🤣

• Haha 1

The only feed back I have is for the pub that we had lunch at, to defrost/Cook the pies, it’s the first time I had beef &ale pie ice cream, they dealt with it promptly and no harm done. But joking aside had a great day hope to see you all soon.:yes:

@si_salisbury sorry to hear about your lunch, we thought it was just late coming out of the kitchen. Glad you enjoyed the day, I double checked my tyre pressure when I got home and it was still 18 psi, so it must just have been an optical illusion, thanks for the use of your compressor anyway.

Hope to see you again soon Simon.

• Like 1

I have to agree, it was the best day in the Peak District for me in along time! I got the car home under its own steam and not making any funny noises 😊 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Handbrake fixed the Clevis pin had fallen out.

Now reconnected 😃

Thanks again for all the advice.

I've removed the retro handbrake (peak district boulder) Julie. :db-westy:

20190726_143514.jpg

• Like 2