Cambridgeshire Group/Meet

thebutler

Hopefully someone can help here.

I recently moved to Godmanchester, near Cambridgeshire, and am now in a position to actually attend group meets and get a bit more involved.

According to the latest WW magazine and the website there is a Cambridge group, so perfect I thought, however the Facebook page doesn't seem active for a while (I posted, but no replies), and the email address on the WSCC website and in the magazine (Cambridgeshire@wscc.co.uk) gets bounced.

Is this group now defunct? 

TIA,

Steve

I appreciate this being moved on the face value of the subject matter. But is anyone going to pickup updating the erroneous information on the website and in the magazine? Emails being bounced is hardly encouraging to potential members. Let alone if they turn up to a meet which is no longer taking place!

Hi Steve

It was moved as it was not a post about “membership” it was a request for info on the Cambridgeshire area and group meets. 

As you wanted to know about this particular area I figured you’d get a better chance of a reply in the local area section as opposed to a section dedicated to questions solely concerning membership of the club. 

Ref the Facebook group, as a club, we have no control whatsoever over external sites or groups, so can’t help there I’m afraid.

But I will look into the email address issue when I get back from holiday. 

Now that the erroneous info has been spotted it should get corrected - but please remember we are all unpaid volunteers so might be guilty of failing to keep on top of such things every now and then 😊

Responses from me normally come in the evening when I switch on the laptop, so I do apologise for not responding quickly enough this morning @thebutler. I still cannot start new PM's so if you PM me I can respond.