Tips for securing luggage

Sparkymart

Well I've finally sorted my holiday for this year ,we were going to head up to Scotland and tour around up there but instead we're going to catch the ferry from Plymouth to Santander in Spain. We're going to spend a few days driving around north Spain before heading into France and heading up to coast to Roscoff then back to Plymouth

So my worry is when we leave the car during the day our luggage will be on the back of the westy in a couple of 60l dry bags and I want to try and reduce the chance of them being pinched from the car . Nothing of any real value will be in the bags just our clothes but still don't want the hassle of replacing them 

So any ideas gratefully received 

Cheers Martin

On trips carrying a lot gear in a rucksack I've used one of these Packsafe systems, on the face of it expensive but I'm still using the one I bought years ago. I reckon on the back of a car it could be locked around the roll bar

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pacsafe-10180999-Packsafe-85/dp/B00A6ESD7M/ref=asc_df_B00A6ESD7M/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310446945021&hvpos=1o6&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11093915261342681489&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006896&hvtargid=aud-548500765412:pla-338924406225&psc=1

Gary

Thanks Gary that's the sort of thing I had in mind . I've been trying to find wire rope cargo net but nothing seems to be available

Another one for PacSafe, I travelled the US with one on my backpack and it never failed.  

There are cheaper sites than Amazon however

As well as cheaper sites than Amazon, I used that because we have free trial of prime at the moment,  there are different sizes of pac safe available now, the next size down may fit over your cargo bags. Certainly worth another search.

I like the look of those bike pannier straps - good spot.

Gary

Kriega are top notch - always a go to brand from my biking days. 

You knew this was coming.

20180713_135628.jpg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

20180713_135628.jpg

That fridge was invaluable at Silverstone with all the hot weather 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

20180713_135628.jpg

Yeah yeah I was wondering when you might pop up Robin..at least SWMBO  would be able to get the kitchen sink in there :p

Well thanks for the ideas guys.so I started looking around for best price on pack safe and after looking at the pictures and thinking "how hard could it be to make one" which is what normally enters my mind so a quick look on fleebay and £30 later and a few evenings work I'm halfway done .

1.5mm stainless steel PVC coated wire rope and a bag large bag of crimps

20190718_181217.thumb.jpg.7d5467a5bb83917faf4b3cef0e501c0b.jpg

• Like 5