Support the Speed Series - Gurston Down Hillclimb 20 + 21 July 2019

Dave Licence

The WSCC Speed Series is attending the Gurston Down Hillclimb on 20 + 21 July. I've never been to Gurston so thought it was a good excuse to venture eastwards - I'll be attending on Sunday 21 July if anyone would like to meet up there or head up together? Entry stated on the website as £10 cash on the gate includes parking and paddock.

The day runs 0830 until 1700 with a break for lunch (facilities on site).

I'm aiming to be there for 10:00 so will be leaving Taunton area 07:30-08:00 ish - probably on the A303 for speed on the way up.

Here's the location: http://www.gurstondown.org/gurston-down-location/

And from their news section:

"Westfield Sports Car Club Speed Championship Class

It’s good to see such a strong entry from the Westfield Sports Car Club. Five drivers on Saturday and six on Sunday. With Charlotte ad Adam Phelps and their Megabusa being the car / driver combination to beat. But none of the other drivers should be discounted, performance on the day will be critical."

And there's a map of the circuit at the bottom of the page here: http://www.gurstondown.org/the-venue/

Hope to see some of you there to help wave on our competitors.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone joining me? Weather is looking good for the Sunday :white-westy: