2009 2.0 Duratec seiw 6k miles - SOLD -

DanDud

NOW SOLD :(

2009 Westfield SEIW 2.0 Duratec

1st registered 01/05/2009 - Westfield sports 2000cc red/black on V5 so correctly done.

Mileage:  If you can show me how to get the mileage display on the Stack gauge please do, I'm guessing around 6000 miles, supposedly 1000 ish on it when I bought it and I don't do more than 1000miles a year, its condition certainly marries up to the low mileage.

All numbers matching on V5 including engine number.  2 former keepers, me since July 2014.

MT 75 wide tunnel chassis originally built with a pinto engine, then a brand new 2.0 crate duratec was fitted so the engine sits nice and back in the chassis.

When I bought the car it needed a  fair bit of 'putting right', so below is everything that has been done within my ownership within the last 5 years.  Basically I went through and either replaced, re-plumbed, re-wired or took apart and re-put back together properly 90% of the car as it had all the right bits, but hadn't quite been put together right.

Chassis:

Powder coated red

Protech  single adjustable dampers supplied by blink motorsport & valved for a Westie. Have the damper plot graphs etc.  From memory 300lb springs in front & 180lb in rear.

Playskool adjustable ARB's both front and rear.

Geometry setup by myself (spent day tweaking it and took guidance from Adam R who has also driven the car on track)

2 sets of 13" Team dynamics wheels:

1 set with brand new R888r's on, and the other set has Yoko AO32's which are a fantastic road tyre that also work brilliantly on damp/wet track days.  They are probably half way through their life.

Brakes: 

Just last week put brand new Hi-Spec  4 pots on the front with Ferrodo DS2500 pads.

Rear brakes are the standard golf setup.

Bodywork:

Standard ZK wide body in post office red

Genuine carbon mods carbon nose cone that I had JK strengthen with kevlar in places just incase

Carbon cycle wings from carbon NV with mud flaps

Carbon rear arch protectors

Detachable rear arches

RAC roll bar

Clear motorsport aluminium rear diffuser

Removable rear mesh wind deflector

Carbon look lights all round with decent headlight reflectors & bulbs so they work well

Drivetrain etc:

"New" sierra 7" LSD 3.92 ratio from Dave Rae motorsport fitted with new joints & shafts etc (everything I bought brand new from westfield to convert the rear end from its original Freelander diff setup as is was previously geared to the moon)

BGH heavy duty rebuilt type 9 - Type E2 road, long 1st.

Near enough 1st - 40mph, 2nd - 60mph, 3rd - 90mph, 4th - 120mph, 70mph in 5th around 3400rpm.

Raceline lightweight bell housing with hydraulic concentric release bearing (nice clutch pedal and no need to adjust a cable, easily accessible bleed nipple too)

Titan lightweight flywheel so engine revs up nice and quick

Clutch I can't remember, but was absolutely fine when I looked when I was changing the gearbox.

Lightweight prop made by North west props

New after registration 2.0 duratec crate engine, 185bhp & 158lb ft, 7000 rpm redline

Emerald K3 ECU

Mapped by Chris at efi parts in runcorn who had nice things to say about the built and I have dyno graph.

TItan roller barrel throttle bodies with 90mm trumpets and big ITG filter (the 90mm trumpets made the same power as 70mm ones but 10lb ft more torque throughout most of the rev range)

New 320cc injectors IIRC and a Weber adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Jam sport black fuel rail with quick release lines hidden in the engine bay

New coil pack recently

Raceline water rail with 80 degree thermostat

Raceline baffled sump 5ltr capacity, I run 10/40 Titan fully synth oil.

ARP rod bolts installed

Davis craig 80lph electric water pump with digital controller running it & alloy racing fabrications header tank on scuttle

Big thick Radtec aluminium polo sized radiator

Mocal laminova oil cooler getting fed from a sandwich plate (The biggest one I could fit behind the nose cone & plumbing so it's also in the air flow)

Small denso  50 amp alternator mounted on the cold side of the motor (it's the only belt driven item)

Standard westfield exhaust manifold going into a 6" re-packable Wunof stainless silencer that I re-packed with acoustafil not so long ago.  Always measures 97-98db static, done Donnington twice and never once had any issues on drive by noise at all)

Bits & Bobs:

Carpet still in the interior

300mm Steering wheel on a Rapfix re-movable boss welded on column (nice bit of kit)

All stack gages:  Water temp, Oil pressure with warning light & fuel gauge

Stack ST700 programmable rev counter with shift light & digital speedo gauge.  Also gives you battery voltage, can do 0-60 and more with more sensors, but can I b******* get it to display mileage!

Duralite switches

Heated windscreen

Carbon dash

Custom padded JK seats on bases & runners

JK's are also heated baby!  Best mod ever!

2 x Power sockets hidden under the dash

Fuse box located under dash on top of tunnel so accessible from within the car and nice and dry/cool

Full side screens

Half doors - custom made out of full side screens

Wind deflectors, that can also be put on with the half doors!

Full hood and 2 pole frame

Soft bits half hood & homemade pole for support

Soft bits rear tonnau cover

Small fire extinguisher bolted in the boot box

Fleece lined fitted Hamilton classic breathable & waterproof cover will come with the car

There's probably bits I have missed, but I also have a few boxes of assorted spare bits that will come with the car and Loads and loads of receipts in a box file.

It goes well, stops well, sounds well and handles well.  Done 8 track days in my 5 years of ownership and it's never missed a beat, temps and pressures always rock solid.  I always spend half a day spanner checking & cleaning the car after every track day to make sure nothings broken, come loose or cracked. (I use to mechanic Demon Tweeks fleet of historic racing cars so it's a habit now).

Working 6 days a week and not being able to store the car at home is why I've only managed roughly 1k and 2 track days per year in 5 years of ownership, hence the reason for sale.  I've only made it to the Lancashire area monthly meet twice in all that time.

Only small downside on this car is the type 9 came back from BGH with a very slight oil leak (As all type 9's do!).  I top it up every winter and only get about 300ml in, so once a year isn't an issue in my book!  It's easy to get to with the MT75 chassis too and only takes me 5mins on a ramp.

Given the spec, condition & mileage I think £13,500 is a reasonable price?

Dan

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8447.jpg

IMG_8448.jpg

IMG_8449.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg

IMG_8451.jpg

IMG_8452.jpg

IMG_8453.jpg

IMG_8454.jpg

IMG_8455.jpg

IMG_8456.jpg

IMG_8457.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

IMG_8460.jpg

IMG_8461.jpg

IMG_8462.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8464.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nice Car.. great set up.. seems like a very fair price...

A great car and have seen it go very well on track.

Shame that you are selling Dan, but GLWS.

Thanks steve.  

Yeah im sad to see it go truth be told but if I’m not getting the use out of it might as well let someone else enjoy it.

Il still be lingering around the club, and hopefully pop along to oulton when you guys are there, Met loads of ace people through this club.

Few track-day vids on YouTube if anyone wants to watch them just ask. 

On 06/07/2019 at 13:01, DanDud said:

Given the spec, condition & mileage I think £13,500 is a reasonable price?

VERY reasonable - won’t hang around long at that price. GLWS

Shame to see you selling Dan!

This is a properly sorted car, one of those 'better than the spec list makes it seem' cars. I can't think of a better all-rounder based upon spec, power, equipment, engine. I know Dan's put a lot of work in, the attention to detail is brilliant and it's been superbly reliable for him :t-up: New owner is in for a treat!

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments!

You got room for it Ad?  Keep it 5 years  or so as a road going one then sell it back to me once youv tinkered with it some more ha. 😄

Il for sure look for another Westie in the future, thoroughly enjoyed ownership and Iv never met such a nice bunch of car club people.  It will be easier if I get to the point where I can store it at home and have some more time off work.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.