Hi There

LordCrowley

Hi to all , thought it was about time i registered and posted since ive been lurking and reading for a while after developing a Westfield fetish (incurable by medicine im told).

After a huge upheaval in life circumstances several years ago i started getting my passion back for all things speed/bike/car related recently and am now in the lucky position of

being able to indulge myself with a few therapeutic toys one of which will hopefully be a Westie.

Id have already bought at least 3 of the cars for sale on here recently (just one of em though im not that lucky) but cant finally bite the bullet for a month or so yet as a house move is imminent from Solihull up to Hednesford near Cannock , the new house needs a garage building before any new arrivals so waiting impatiently in the meantime and looking at all the amazing cars on here.

Took a trip to Toybox a few weeks ago and seeing the array on display in the flesh just fanned the flames even further also chatting with Andrew there for a while was great and he put up with all my newb questions admirably.

Always been a bit of a power freak and scratched that itch in the past with very very hot minis and later sportsbikes which i may also make a return to to fill a corner of the garage up , my daily driver is a highly modded Bimmer 1 series currently so theres a gap for an even quicker evening/weekend/trackday acquisition.

Anyway thats me metaphorically out of the closet with a first post , real life names Darren btw 😁

Would be good for you to go out in a Westfield to establish a benchmark of how fast it is with a given engine. It would guide you on what to buy. Good luck when the time comes.

• Like 1

Welcome get yourself to a local meet have a look before sticking your toe in the water

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice , i think i know what i want engine wise but then again the proof of the pudding is in the waistline so definitely looking to get to a local meetup and hopefully experience the real thing as a baseline.

Veering towards the VTEC or Duratec powered  cars at the moment although extremely curious about the Seight option and the thought of a bike engine does hold a load of appeal too , the overall package is what counts though not just maximum muscle under the hood.

Not rushing into anything since anticipation and planning are a lot of fun too , did think about the self build option initially as i am a fully certified mechanic but decided the time commitment and my natural impatience made that path a no go right now , maybe for my second one huh? lolol.

What do you plan to use the car for?

15 hours ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

What do you plan to use the car for?

Initially a fun evening and weekend car for some nice runs out to scare the local wildlife but i do have a hankering to compete in hill-climbs and sprints , karted a little when i was a kid and always had a deep passion for motorsports , some longer trips too as the nordschlieffe and spa are still places on my to do list and of course some U.K trackdays.

:ww:from sunny Scotland and happy hunting when the time comes, meantime don’t be afraid to ask any questions we’re a friendly bunch here, like a big family rather than just “a club”

as for power ( and I’m putting my head over the parapet here) you don’t need masses of power to have a very quick car, good, balanced suspension is worth quite a bit of horsepower, as said earlier come along to whatever events / meets are near you and get a feel for different options 

• Like 1

Welcome

If you need any help or buying advise drop me a message 

Cannock area here 

Ash 

Welcome from Warwick (originally from

Solihull 👍🏻)

Hi Darren - I'm just over the hill (in more ways than one) from you in Rugeley - if you want to drop in and have a look at my quite modest Westie, you're welcome

It seems we have something else in common - I spent a few years modifying a Fiat Coupe 20VT and ended up with it going far too quickly for the road (just shy of 500bhp...). I wanted something that I could have fun with, without going quickly enough to get locked up. As the Fiat was pretty much as far as I wanted to take it, I also wanted something that I could tinker with during the "off-season"

The Westfield has ticked all of the boxes so far - great fun at sane speeds, plenty of scope for tinkering and thoroughly entertaining to drive.

One aspect of Westie ownership that I wasn't fully ready for is the Club - a wide variety of people from all walks of life, all with a common interest and with many, many different cars of all shapes, colours and noises. You think Westies will be fun - just wait until you get out on a run with a bunch of us!

Thanks for all the new welcome messages!!! , so many in the Midlands too , amazed that every other car on the road isnt a Westie considering the amount of local owners.

Id love to take you up on that offer sometime Nigel , tied up with juggling packing for the move and work for a couple of weeks but not losing any enthusiasm about the weekend toy and thanks for the offer of advice Rednop1 , random questions do keep popping into mind and dont worry im not too embarrassed to ask even the daftest ones that occur to me.

My Bimmer isnt exactly at the 500hp stage yet but i have made enquiries about a local firm putting an Ls-V8 under the bonnet for me which would push it into the license loser category lol.

Already glad i took the plunge and started posting , theres a definite community feel here with a pretty good sense of humour so feeling right at home imbetween constantly checking the cars for sale section lolol.

IMG_20180903_220651_239.thumb.jpg.eda2d6fad352ad252266f79d4dc68747.jpg