3J Driveline

TAFKARM

As the "megaupgrades" of the Deathfield continue, I wanted to report the excellent service I've had from club sponsors, 3J.

Called them yesterday lunchtime,  spoke to a friendly and knowledgeable chap who gave me some good advice on what was best for how I wanted to drive the car.

Great price, and the LSD arrived this morning.

Other motorsport suppliers take note!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

As the "megaupgrades" of the Deathfield continue, I wanted to report the excellent service I've had from club sponsors, 3J.

Called them yesterday lunchtime,  spoke to a friendly and knowledgeable chap who gave me some good advice on what was best for how I wanted to drive the car.

Great price, and the LSD arrived this morning.

Other motorsport suppliers take note!!

I was reading their brochure I'd picked up at the the Stoneleigh stand the other day. Which LSD did you go for and what requirements did you outline to them?

I'm interested as I suspect I may go down the route of changing out my Uprated Ford LSD for the 3J 'NXG Performance' LSD for Fast road/Track day use at some point.

To replace my ford viscous lsd that was worn out and basically operating like an open diff, 99% track use, with quite a relaxed attitude toward track limits. I specifically didn't want an ATB, but didn't want it to be TOO aggressive. I'm looking to be able to keep it neat and tidy if I want, but also to be able to hold it sideways on the throttle if i'm feeling so inclined. The moon on a stick.

He recommended 40/90 and 40-45 lbft.

I'm no expert, but depending on how often and how hard you're driving on track, you might be better off with a Quaife ATB or sticking with what you have.

• Thanks 1

Excellent..I am just laughing to myself..maybe it's the beer I have had.. but how did you describe your driving style and explain 'what you wanted to do with the car'!! Fantastic that they do a diff that will cope with road, hammered on track and off roading!!

Really pleased for you that things are coming together and great that it's excellent service from a club sponsor!

After going up the mountain a few times yesterday I was a little worried that my diff may have taken some strain!