Ebay buyer criteria rant.

Steve (sdh2903)

Made an offer on an item on Ebay and it was declined (fair dos it was a bit low) went to make a second bid and it came up with a message that the buyer will not accept any more offers from me. Weird never seen that before so messaged the seller (a business).

Get a reply stating I dont meet the criteria to buy from them! Further  digging reveals they wont sell anything to me because I have left 1 neutral and 1 negative feedback over a year ago.

I could understand if I had a low feedback score or no feedback (over 1000 feedback at 100%) but I find that ridiculous they can do that. If I was a punter off the street or over the phone they wouldn't be able to 'vet' me (their words, they vet all their buyers)

I was quite happy to avoid the seller and go elsewhere but really ended up quite annoyed and wondered if what they were doing was legal or not? In effect they only want customers who leave good feedback. Not those who have good feedback left for them.

bl**** Ebay:swear:

What was it let someone else buy it for you then leave a statement reflecting your experience with them

I'm sorted elsewhere now (where I'm allowed :d) but did think about getting the mrs to buy the cheapest item on their shop and leave them bad feedback. But then had a beer and thought sod em!!

Sounds like you're best off well away from them Steve, sounds like the sort of seller that's expecting bad feedback!! 

6 minutes ago, BCF said:

Sounds like you're best off well away from them Steve, sounds like the sort of seller that's expecting bad feedback!! 

Yes that was the thought I had too. But it's quite a big car breaker company and they have over 4000 feedback (all positive of course ;)). I was just shocked by it. 16 years buying on Ebay and never had it before.

Think there is a thing if “business sellers” get negative or neutral feedback it limits what they can withdraw if there is a raise of chargebacks

That’s a good idea!  , I always seam to attract idiots when selling stuff on the bay.  The more filters the better even at the expense of making sales the better.      Clearly that does not apply to you Steve.  But I bet they have a lot of idiots especially with secondhand car parts. 

Last year.. it went something like this...

From buyer.   The dampers i’ve bought for my reliant scimitar did not come with fitting instructions.

me.

The instructions for the specific product information varying from the original equipment parts  for the adjustment and care should be in the box. Apologies if they are not,  Please give me your email address and I can send them to you.  Note We don’t offer vehicle specific step by step fitting  instructions. For full details on how to fit the dampers refer to the workshop manual as the dampers are a direct replacement alternatively if you are not confident, ask your local classic car friendly garage to fit them.

him

these where listed specifically for my car and I want full detailed fitting instructions.

Me

Sorry full fitting instructions are not available. Feel free to phone me and I can talk you though the main points it’s really very simple.

No phone call, bad feed back on deliver, communication and product . 

I contacted ebay regarding unjust feedback and they never responded. 

Very little comes with full fitting instructions for car parts, if you are not competent you should not be fitting them.  Besides full Haynes manual style fitting instructions opens yourself up for more issues.