Clan McWesty Braemar run 14 July

Gary Taylor

Anyone from the East meeting up for this? Lizzie Bryce roundabout say 8:30 leaving at 9 and we can meet Jim and co? Jim where do you fancy meeting up? 

• Like 1

Hi John, Stirling or Perth ... what ever is easier for you.  Cheers Jim

Hi chaps ... how about all meeting at the usual Broxden services in Perth Ph2opx McDonald’s car park.... say between 9:45 and 10? 

WOW what a great day out !!!

a big thanks to all who came today and enjoy great day out in glorious weather 

we did 220 miles and I’m sure that everyone from down south did much more

we set  off south at 8.30 to meet up with everyone at glenshee, getting there a tad early meant there was time for a bacon roll and coffee sitting outside in the sun , there are a lot worse places to be on a Sunday morning! Soon there were 3 Westies and a tiger parked and ours made 5 a quick chat and we decided to press on to tomintoul and have a regroup there, on passing corgarf Les with his seight was waiting and waving us on he caught us up at tomintoul, onto a refuel at Grantown-on-Spey before taking the backroads through nethy bridge, coylum bridge and feshie  bridge to loch insch boathouse for lunch after some good food and chatter, John said he was going to press on south so we all headed down the backroad to Kingussie and Newtonmore before saying goodbye 

Les said he was going for fuel and then to explore lochness side so we parted ways and we headed back up speyside for home.

sat here in glorious sunshine and I’d just again like to thank everyone for a great day out 

B94D0922-373B-4119-82C2-006E927B62E2.jpeg

7C2556E9-739E-4C0B-93DA-74377E4A487B.jpeg

CE11402B-72AD-4290-BC2B-BF74E353C7F3.jpeg

6D9EAF76-3BDC-41F3-9EB0-02FE124B82CD.jpeg

8E5B4298-D22F-4D08-8B92-4F907616E878.jpeg

B629DA31-E428-4581-A2AF-3846C9E47BA4.jpeg

• Like 6

Sorry to have missed this run - I saw you (Brad and Jim or John - was red anyway..) going up the A9 towards Broxden, as I was going south in the camper.

Would have gladly swapped places!!

Dave.

• Like 1

Yeah Dave, you missed a cracker of a day - it was so warm and dry that dust was a problem on the back-roads!

I'm sorry to have missed this too. I was the idiot in the blue Mercedes frantically waving and flashing (headlights) at you when you were on your way up Glenshee to meet up with Gary and Trina. We had just left them at Glenshee and were on our way to Glamis for the classic car show. That's why we didn't join in with you yesterday, but we can't do everything I suppose.. Glad you all had fun though.

David

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David-hrv said:

I was the idiot in the blue Mercedes frantically waving and flashing (headlights) at you when you were on your way up Glenshee to meet up with Gary and Trina.

We saw you, but thought that you were a kind soul warning us of Rozzers up ahead.

1 hour ago, McFrancis said:

We saw you, but thought that you were a kind soul warning us of Rozzers up ahead.

Nah! Sorry if I slowed you down. I was perhaps warning you that there was a lesser spotted Gary up ahead! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A great day out, and thanks to Gary for organising. Good to meet up again with those from the 'wigwam' weekend a few weeks ago and also nice to meet some new (for me) faces. I made it home around 11:15 pm after some 13 hours in the saddle (minus stops) but it didn't end there, just time to make a cup of tea and watch the F1 to round off an excellent day. After I left Gary/Trina I basically completed the previous weekends run that I missed, going past Laggan, Spean Bridge, Fort Augustus, up east side of Loch Ness to Inverness then a sprint home to Sauchen. Really good roads with lots of new blacktop and stunning scenery in glorious sunshine. As we're all used to, our cars get so much appreciative positive attention where ever we stop. On Sunday particularly I lost count how many 'tourists' were taking pictures with several asking to sit in it.       

IMGP6250.JPG

IMGP6255.JPG

IMGP6267.JPG

IMGP6288.JPG

• Like 3