Glove

Tyre pressures for a Seight 15" Wheels

Glove

Morning All,

My Seight passed its MOT this morning and I have had an advisory on the rear tyres (Which I knew needed changing soon).

The MOT technician mentioned the rear tyres had been over inflated because they have worn in the middle faster.

I had a search on the forum and did see a post that the tyre pressures on a Seight should be below 20psi. I have been running mine at 25-26psi.

I've just fitted new rear tyres and wanted to know the correct tyre pressure for road use and I enjoy cornering :)

I was thinking 19psi on the front and 18psi on the rear and comments/advice?

I'm running

Toyo Proxes R888R

Type sizes

205 R15 50 Front

225 R15 50 Rear

TableLeg

I believe somewhere in the region of 18psi to 20psi is the norm for Westfields.

• Like 1

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

As above, not for the SEiGHT specifically, but some run as low as 16/7 psi, (Personally I’ve Always found 17 a bit low).

Start around 18 or 19 and experiment with a psi or two, either way, from there. Driving style and car set up play a part too, so there’s less of a golden pressure, more of an ideal range, IYSWIM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Captain Colonial

According to the Seight build manual, it’s 20 psi + or - 3 psi.  I’d start with 20 & 19 and play from there with a big V8 lump on board.  It will handle better but be harder to park at low speed.  25 psi too high, you will notice an improvement in handling for sure. 

http://www.manikllc.com/manuals/Westfield_SEi_construction_manual.pdf Page 90

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Labrat

I run mine at 18psi all round on T1Rs (according to my pressure gauge anyway).

• Thanks 1

Mighty Mart

Obviously its a personal thing, but I reckon you will be in for a pleasant surprise dropping to circa 20 psi from 25 - it should feel massively better imho.

I remember having my current R888R's when they had just been fitted, and had (unknown to me) been pumped up to 32psi..... I rushed home and chucked them on the car, ready for the following morning early start .....this was the drive up to Stoneliegh a couple of years back, and it felt like the back axle was loose and about to come off at every corner!

Letting 13 psi out was the difference of night and day lol....

Mart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CraigHew

As above, I run R1R 205 50 15s at 18 psi all round.

• Thanks 1

marcusb

I ran my SEiGHT at 18 psi front and rear on 205/50/15   225/50/15

r888 and r1rs

• Thanks 1

groucher

I've ran my seight with 18psi since year one, sure the factory told me in the first year that 18psi was good, and I've used it ever since.

Toyo 888 tyres, before that avon CR55's I think, never had a problem with tyre wear, 15ins wheel & tyres.

As the car isn't has heavy as a tin top, I supposed normal rules don't apply, whatever you and the car a happy with.

regards

scott

• Thanks 1

Glove

Thanks everyone for the sound advise, I went out last night again for a blast and settled on 18psi all round.

It feels like a different car, unbelievable what the difference is. 

Sun is shining so time for another blast👍

• Like 4