shrops-paul

15" Tyres for road use

shrops-paul

Hmm. I think they are actually 7 or 7.5” as the width is not measured edge to edge according to this diagram. 

46B05B93-116E-4E23-9052-CB6A78FB54CA.png

Dave (OnliestSmeg) -  Manchester AO

Yep ... my 7"" are almost 8" outside to outside

Mole

I had T1R  when got car - 205x50x15.. no issues on road but after a few track days started to struggle. Swapped for R1R same size - fantastic in all weather, got new set this year 195x50x15 and equally as good or in fact along with my geometry set up felt even better!

shrops-paul

Hi. Me again. I’ve measured properly and they are 7.5 inch. So 195 should be fine. 

One last quick question. I’ve often found the R1R on some sellers twice at two different prices. They also have different SKU codes. I’m i right in thinking the more expensive ones are later manufacture dates? All the other details are identical except cost and SKU code. 

shrops-paul

Hi. I'm sure you are all as excited by this thread as I am :)

With the R1R's proving tricky to find as a full set of 4 (lots of online retailers have 1, 2 or 3 but very few have all 4 it would seem) and the 'worry' of them now being out of manufacture and the concern of needing an odd tyre in the event of an ireprable puncture etc. I have gone off piste with a full set of Yokohama Advan Neova AD08RS. They seem to get some good reviews with many saying they are 'as good as' the R1R in most conditions. And they are the same size as my current boots, and cheaper than the R1R.

We shall see I guess :)

AdamR

The AD08 is a decent tyre 👍 enjoy!

(My 2p, if a bit late, would be good quality road tyres, Michelin, Continental, etc)

Andy Westwood

There are sets of 4 R1R's on ebay from a tyre place in high wycombe. It's were I purchased mine and it was fast delivery. Though if your near their garage I think it includes fitting.