Three Sisters Drift Experience Day 24.9.2019

Westfield Chesil Parts Dept

Good Afternoon All,

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and to those who attended KitFest thank you for coming to say hello and support us and the show.

We are thinking of running a Westfield club member only drift day experience. Can I have people thoughts on this and whether or not you all would be interested.

Regards

Patrick & Westfield Team

Have done a few drift days previously, when they were at Donnington. Absolutely loved them, and would like to do again. Subject to cost/location. 

• Like 1

I did one about 5 summers ago also at Donnington just weeks after I'd bought my car.

I'd certainly been very keen to do another although I'd be looking for more of a tuition session rather than jump-in, quick lap of the course, jump-out again experience I had.

Just my own thoughts but if the instructers started with a sweeping curve of cones and encouraged us to improve our basic skills on that then perhaps the weaving slalom course may be a bit more achievable. I think a "members-only" day could accommodate a bit of tuition rather than my previous experience when the instructors had to deal with a mix of people most of whom (apart from me and Andy Lowe) had never even sat a Westfield previously.

• Like 4

True, the one's I did, I did get some good 1 on 1 car control lessons from Russ, but something a wee bit more training orientated would be good, too.

57 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

True, the one's I did, I did get some good 1 on 1 car control lessons from Russ, but something a wee bit more training orientated would be good, too.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you need an extra instructor who knows Westfields I would be happy to assist (subject to availability / location / fee). Rescinded my instructor license these days but still do bits of work here and there to keep my hand in :yes:

Did one of these days at Silverstone a few years back (and produced a promo video for you) and it was a really fun day.

• Like 1

Done two, a fair while ago. And would definitely be up for another, as would a mate of mine.

Usual 'cost/location/date'' dependency!🤞

• Like 1

Driving our own car or one provided?  Or just being chauffeured around?  I wouldn't be interested in the latter, but the former...  sure!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quinten said:

Driving our own car 

You’d not want that unless you have a shed load of van tyres with you! 🤣

• Like 2

They also need to be set up to do this - high tyre pressures etc?

Agree - not ideal using your own car unless you turn up and use another set of wheels & tyres.

Mart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Have done a few drift days previously, when they were at Donnington. Absolutely loved them, and would like to do again. Subject to cost/location. 

Ditto ^^^

Did same as Dave, but just one time @ Donnington

• Like 1

I'm interested... 👍

Thanks 

I'm in depending on cost and location.

• Like 1