RWD convertible daily toy. What am I missing?

AdamR

Have you tried the current shape MX5 ?

i think most modern stuff overly complex and heavy to be fun. 

I've got an Audi TTS.roadster remapped to 325hp and the limiter switched off, absolute peach of a car, not as harsh and full on as the RS, a lot more useable, decent boot space. Mid range torque is phenomenal. Look at the HHC website at Hexham, a good variety of cars to try out, (especially TVR' s)

Well, thanks again for all the ideas chaps :t-up: It's given me a huge range to mull over and it's really opened my eyes to what's available, a lot of stuff I'd not even considered!

There's a bit more to this than I've mentioned so far, but I've decided what to do... In short I'm hoping to be able to work back up through some of the cars in this thread in the future, but for now the divorce I'm having to deal with (and the fairly unsavoury circumstances surrounding it) means I'm unlikely to ever be in this position again. So I've decided to go balls out. You only live once and all that.

Have some final arm-wrestling to do with the dealer on the finer details, but should be collecting this little fella next week all being well...

media.jpg?id=f89556c7ad334d57b3b70c02222

I currently have an F430 Spider which I had planned to hang onto as an investment, but honestly I don't really enjoy driving it. The coolest thing about that car has been letting mates drive it, random strangers asking to take a look (and seeing how chuffed they are that the answer is always yes!), my mum getting really excited by the bl**** wonderful noise it makes - but it always felt a bit fragile and as an 'investment' I didn't want to drive it as much as it deserved. It would have ended up being sold as part of the divorce settlement anyway so seems pointless to hang onto it. So for now I might as well chop that in and go for something that's a bit more 'me' - nerdy rather than flamboyant, amazing engineering, slightly more understated and more usable from day to day.

I test drove a 650S and it felt a bit too hardcore. Insanely fast but perhaps a bit too 'focused' for road driving. This seems like a nice balance.

There are many horror stories about huge warranty bills and massive depreciation, but going into it with open eyes, a lump of cash in reserve just in case and a top warranty from Thorney Motorsport, I'm hoping I can just enjoy it and deal with any issues pragmatically should they arise!

• Like 8

:yes::yes:😎:yes::yes:

Well it’s no Mini Cooper Convertible!

Enjoy!

• Haha 1

Stunning, enjoy it. You're right, you only live once!

I'll be honest - didn't see that as being the result of this thread! What a great choice, I'm kind of inclined to call it a wise choice too :d