RWD convertible daily toy. What am I missing?

AdamR

Forget the convertible bit and get a C63 estate, put some decats in it, map it and then smile every time you use the 500hp!  Most do have a sun roof too

This won't help as there's loads but on my big short list would be:

Latest gen C63 convert - lovely, comfy & rapid.

Mustang vert - just because v8

Porsche 911 - 997 Carrera S cabrio

Maserati gran cabrio as has been said

V8 vantage as has been said

R8 as has been said but 4x4

db9 volante

SL63 or 65

F-type - 380 S of course.

Continental GTC?  4wd but still what a lovely comfy rocket ship to use every day.

BMW M4 vert

TT RS roadster  - 4x4 but awesome bit of kit by all acounts 

Alfa 4C spider

AMG GT would be my pick but them and Lambo gallardo spyders unfortunately still over 65k

If you can stomach LHD what about a Viper, camaro or even this beasty corvette!  https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903115774922?radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-desc&price-to=50000&postcode=l233bj&make=CHEVROLET&advertising-location=at_cars&body-type=Convertible&page=1

OR be brave and use this as a daily!  https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201904026512866?radius=1500&sort=price-desc&body-type=Convertible&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=l233bj&make=ULTIMA&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&price-to=50000&page=1

You need to payback to planet earth and drive a BMW i8, probably a used one to fit your budget.

It's a difficult one... And with such a decent budget it would be easy to get buyers remorse 2 weeks after the excitement goes.   My theory is dailies can be soleless as they really don't matter as long as they don't rob time or money when in service.   I assume you have a Daily/ tow/ shopping car...          I'd go for something like an 2003 Aston Martin DB7, and keep half your budget spare...   They are unlikely to depreciate much.     Certainly not the best car in the world but that's not the point, Who doesn't want  to be James Bond.....       Another  would be an E30M3 these may already be out of budget they have been appreciating fast.     I drove one a few years back, I was thinking it would be "old" and not that great...I loved it, absolutely what an M car should be...Light, exciting, nimble,  and with the exhaust it had never as a 4 cylinder sounded so good...              

Well, firstly I'm glad I made this thread, it's turned up some really interesting stuff I hadn't considered at all - thanks a lot everyone! :t-up:

I'm doing my bit for the environment by almost exclusively eating plants, so I'll let myself off a dirty great engine :d

Time to do some more eBaying and Googling...

BMW M1 and M2’s are extremely capable cars. We had an M1 cabrio, M1 hatch and M2 with us around Scotland last week and they had as much fun as we did (excluding OUR breakdowns!) 

All three had custom maps and produced plenty of power to keep their drivers happy. 

81F12A4D-FECC-4C15-BE48-A0D50B955222.jpeg

Nice parking :laugh:

Yeah, I've done some work in a 235i M Sport and the M4, both very capable tools, and a nice place to be. There are a lot more options than I thought! 😕 Maybe I should shrink the budget to narrow things down!

40 minutes ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

Serious suggestion now, R8 V10 Spider. 

@syman84 beat you to that one meatypantsman

If quattro is on the table, the TTRS is a very capable machine, neighbour had one that was mapped to 430bhp and in launch mode it was just savage off the line, good ones only half your budget too, although if i had the budget id go v10 just coz:p

Ive always fancied one of these aswell. Bonkers engine in a small car, convertible and Rwd.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201904106814822?advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=pa67ed&sort=sponsored&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&minimum-badge-engine-size=5.5&model=SLK&price-to=50000&body-type=Convertible&page=1

7 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Ooops - forgot abut convertible for daily...

with some extra work by Birds https://www.birdsauto.com/

Good call but Has to be a Chrysler V8 engine to make a proper entrance.