JK Composites seats - anyone use them?

markat

It's an odd one but my JK's are 600mm across the back at the widest point and don't touch the body work at all.

31 minutes ago, CosKev said:

There are narrower backed ones available, as they are what's in mine!

im the same as chris i asked the questions but narrower backs werent mentioned

I've found them really difficult to pin down lately. I've ordered 2 sets before so know it's best to call, but this time they have been even worse. After talking on the phone they sent me a quote by email which was wrong so replied to query it and chased by phone but no joy. I'm guessing they are snowed under but just a courtesy to return a call. They do sell a slightly narrower backed version it's on the site.

Think I'll try tilletts instead this time. 

• Like 1

Just done 15 days and 3500 miles touring Europe in  our westy with jk’s best addition I’ve made to the car 

1 hour ago, TableLeg said:

600mm across the back

Really? mine are 460mm and had to trim them to get them lower down to just miss body (where they are around 420mm wide)

31 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Really? mine are 460mm and had to trim them to get them lower down to just miss body (where they are around 420mm wide)

600mm across the back (including the curve) at the widest 'Shoulder' section, just under 420mm straight across the front.

2 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

600mm across the back (including the curve) at the widest 'Shoulder' section, just under 420mm straight across the front.

Ah - I see. if mine were 420mm instead of 460mm they'd be fine.

Looks like you're right then @CosKev I wish I'd realised this when ordering as I went with the advice of JK on sizing!

I have just checked the invoice and mine are 3946 - ie 39cm at base, 46cm at top - so should have got 3942's.

Ah well - they are still superb seats!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Didn’t know that. Spent time talking to them at point of sale and went through all options and sizes etc. Be interested to know what size yours are across the back at widest point Kev

I'll have a measure up

4 minutes ago, CosKev said:

Yes - but I am a bit miffed at being given the wrong advice at point of sale! We did spend a while talking through options and I was told they knew what would fit a Westy and were knowledgeable on the model types etc. Being as mine has the same seat fitting dimensions (at the shoulder) as all cars produced since the introduction of lowered floors, you'd have thought it straightforward.

• Like 1

Just now, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Yes - but I am a bit miffed at being given the wrong advice at point of sale! We did spend a while talking through options and I was told they knew what would fit a Westy and were knowledgeable on the model types etc. Being as mine has the same seat fitting dimensions (at the shoulder) as all cars produced since the introduction of lowered floors, you'd have thought it straightforward.

Chris, they asked me my height, weight, etc and they advised the N3942 would be suited to me.

They are a snug fit, but I prefer them that way. Plus I could do with losing some weight anyway😁

7 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Chris, they asked me my height, weight, etc 

Me too! I'm 5'8" and weigh under 12st - hardly huge... so would have thought the 42's would have been suggested 😡

2 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Me too! I'm 5'8" and weigh under 12st - hardly huge...

It's a shame then as it sounds like you weren't given the right info. 🙁

well, water under the bridge now - as I said, I still love the seats, just a bit miffed that I could have had them even better 😁

They sold me 3943s when I specified 6 foot tall and a 33" waist.  No bodywork on the car yet though so can't comment on whether any trimming will be required!  Echoing some of the comments on here, they were difficult to get hold of.  Took a lot of calls and emails before the order eventually got placed, and then a bit of chasing up for delivery, but quite happy with the end product after it all!