JK Composites seats - anyone use them?

markat

Evening all,

http://www.jkcomposites.com

Anyone have or or tried the above please? 

Would appreciate comments on comfort, fitting, value for money and alternatives etc for my SeiW

Thanks 

Mark

If you type "JK seats" into the search bar you'll find 14 pages of threads covering them.....🙃

Oh yeah, hehe. I was missing “seats” . It has been a long day 😃😊

9 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

If you type "JK seats" into the search bar you'll find 14 pages of threads covering them.....🙃

They suit me very well - I have flat floors and brought mine forward a bit and tipped them back a bit and they fit my back beautifully! You need to get the seat, the wheel and the pedals just where you need them. I have a 5 point harness too so I'm as-snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug! 

I have them in my car - they seem to work well with my average build (5’ 9” and 12st-ish)

I’ve done several 100+ mile stints in it without any aches or pains. The previous owner drove to Le Mans in it.

As per other thread, I’m not a huge fan of the asthetics of them. 

Have you tried to contact them? General current consensus seems to be they don’t respond. That has been my experience.

i think if i were building again i wouldnt fit jks on the basis that they never actually fitted correctly in my widebody mazda the top peice where the shoulder pads rubbed on the inside of the bodywork. if i were looking again id be going for the westfield race seats with the ribbed padding. or these https://www.lusomotors.com/product-list/

10 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

i think if i were building again i wouldnt fit jks on the basis that they never actually fitted correctly in my widebody mazda the top peice where the shoulder pads rubbed on the inside of the bodywork. if i were looking again id be going for the westfield race seats with the ribbed padding. or these https://www.lusomotors.com/product-list/

That's down to you ordering the wrong size surely?!:ph34r:

39 minutes ago, CosKev said:

No it’s the lowered floor. Mine do that. But I trimmed them to suit and love the fit, look and comfort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oliver1 said:

Have you tried to contact them? General current consensus seems to be they don’t respond. That has been my experience.

I tried to order some once. Went through sizes and options all good. They took my card details and said they would send me an email confirming everything, but I never got the email. I sent them an email, no reply, I left an answerphone message - no reply. So I gave up on them. 

I did buy a couple off another WSCC member recently, but not fitted them yet.

1 hour ago, CosKev said:

the size at the top of the seat doesnt change for the base size required.

the seats were comfortable but the top width always bugged me

I’ve been thinking about some for my narrow for a while now.  The thinness of the back would help get me back further than my existing Richfield RX777 seats, which helps with giving me legroom for the pedals.  Not sure if my three point harnesses might be an issue, however.

2 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

the size at the top of the seat doesnt change for the base size required.

the seats were comfortable but the top width always bugged me

There are narrower backed ones available, as they are what's in mine!

4 minutes ago, CosKev said:

There are narrower backed ones available, as they are what's in mine!

Didn’t know that. Spent time talking to them at point of sale and went through all options and sizes etc. Be interested to know what size yours are across the back at widest point Kev

• Like 1