Goodwood FOS

IanD

Hi All

Got the chance to go to the Festival of Speed this year and just wondering what peoples experiences are of the best days to go and do you need more than one day?

Saturday is already sold out but there are still tickets available for Thursday, Friday and Sunday. If I was going for just 1 day i am thinking Sunday. 

Any thoughts or advice welcome. :t-up:

Ian

One benefit of the Sunday is the Hillclimb Shootout final. I've been on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and enjoyed them all. Different days have different race drivers attending there should be details of who are attending when on the website. I've always thought that you need more than one day to do and see everything but then it gets a bit expensive! During my three visits I've never made it to the rally stage, mainly because it's a lower priority for me and couldn't fit it all in on one day!

My best memories of the FOS are when we won a VIP day, watered and fed and access virtually anywhere even the balcony of the house! I remember looking down from the balcony and seeing Jay Leno chatting to someone and watching the Red Arrows from there. Whenever you decide to go you will love it.

Thanks djm.

did you pre book any of the grandstands or are there other places to watch 

No we didn't you can see alongside most of the track we didn't really stand still for long! There's so much to see I felt like I was wasting time sitting down if you know what I mean!

Dave

Cheers Dave.

thats what I was thinking too.

think i am going to go for the Sunday :t-up:

Cheers

Booked for Sunday. looking forward to it now.

Didn't like the sound of Thursday to be honest.

Cheers

Ian

21 hours ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

Not Thursday 

I agree, I had some free tickets from Mazda when we released the new mx5, it was good to look around the paddocks at the super car and the old classics but there wasn’t a lot going up the road apart from manufacturers cars showing there new models to customers.

• 4 weeks later...

I was there and got a drive. Always a great event and we were there 5 days. Hoping to go next yr already. Best to go and camp.

55 minutes ago, Arm said:

I was there and got a drive. Always a great event and we were there 5 days. Hoping to go next yr already. Best to go and camp.

Where do you camp? What are the facilities like? We stayed at Littlehampton this year... which unfortunately did not avoid the queues!

Had a great time thanks.

Shame about the weather but it didn't stop us doing anything. 1 day wasn't enough though. 

Would have liked to spend a little more time watching the actual racing rather than going around the stands. 

Ash. I thought I saw you but you were deep in conversation with some one so didn't want to disturb you 😉.

Have some pic. will upload a few later

I went on the sat for the first time. We got there at 8 cos the lift I got swore blind there would be queues and ended up there till the end. 

Fabulous day apart from the sunburn. Lol

i would get a grandstand seat next time if there were not too much more expensive