Marcusb C2C charity bike ride with help from Westies! :-)

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

On Friday 12th July 2019 I will embark on a 3 day charity bike ride starting from Morecambe in Lancashire to Bridlington along the Way Of The Roses C2C 170 mile route.

The Charity event has been organised by my colleague at work Simon Hill who is a petrol head, keen biker and once owned a hood .............:dg-westy:........

We are hoping to raise as much as possible for Macmillan Cancer Support and the Breast Cancer Unit at Bassetlaw Hospital.

Friday we will be staying at The Rendezvous Hotel Keighley Rd, Skipton BD23 2TA  (very near The Bay Horse pub) and Saturday we will be staying at The Residence @ Jaipur York Road, Easingwold, YO61 3PG (just north of york).

Please help by donating whatever you can and it will be great to see some Westie's on route so I can grab the roll bar!

Please see link below for our Just Giving page :yes:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/hookupc2c?fbclid=IwAR05Doq8ydglA4wwaZJ3sZ81Y61wwB7OIOaU7ilmBdzb8Omz7du-pRSVeeU&utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_content=HookupC2C&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_term=JjQJDdQ27

@Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO is organizing a run out to the finish in Bridlington on the afternoon of Sunday  14th July 2019 more details here :

Edited by marcusb
additions

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been our training today and guess who I bumped into on the canal path 😀

9589AA9E-E886-48E1-8E1F-84684F9AD9CB.jpeg

Great to see you today @marcusb 😁

And thanks for letting my daughter and her horse pass 🐎

• Like 1

Good luck Marcus and team; I hope reach your goals and I hope folks will be hitting the Just Giving page...

• Thanks 1

Great stuff Marcus! I'm doing this same route in September, so will be keen to hear how you get on 😁 best of luck and enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Any of you guys out there with your own business who want to sponsor our ride will be rewarded for a small donation of £100 with your company logo printed on the back of all our team T-Shirts for this event - guaranteed advertising from Coast to Coast!! and for a great cause :)

Anyone interested please get in touch with me for details asap :yes:

I have updated OP.. we have decided to stay in hotels rather than camping, I have added hotel location on Friday in Skipton, Saturday hotel York area still TBC

OP updated with Saturdays hotel - The Residence @ Jaipur York Road, Easingwold, YO61 3PG

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the route from Marcus tonight and tomorrow I'll plot it on tyre so we can follow and hopefully pass them on route. 

So who's joining me?

We'll meet at the Fox and Grapes at 10 o'clock and take it from there. 

• Like 1

Thanks Chaps :yes: leaving work tomorrow afternoon we are getting the train from Sheffield to Morecambe then the support van arriving early Friday with our mountain bikes for the first day :cool: I have a couple of sore knees from 'over' training! but apart from that all set :)

Can't wait to try out our new found ***wonder tool*** the whatsap live location!

Here is the  route:

WayoftheRoses.jpg

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Day 1 completed with no breakdowns or flat tyres 😀 The hill coming out of Settle is a 1 in 20 gradient and took some climbing! We’ve seen lots of sheep 2 deer and low flying RAF planes dog fight training. We are staying the night in Skipton early night I think 😎

60896612-C917-4AB0-8BEA-36A3E1D1858F.jpeg

F3775CED-FBE3-458F-AE54-546610D14605.jpeg

75BDE3E4-1079-40B6-9A74-57391503C920.jpeg

E12AC428-AA4E-4D38-9D75-3618C5C192EF.jpeg

2513B407-6963-4943-BCC3-B181D7EA13DA.jpeg

7A0D9E86-AD62-4BC3-9443-9808C9966F73.jpeg

DC338E1F-4DAD-4774-BF19-12118F4D0D58.png

• Like 2