Calling all in the Inverness region, Zetec alternator, desperately needed!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Wow, keep eyeing those up Geoffrey, you’re definitely selling me on the idea.

1 minute ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

I assume it's a type of power bank for a car? Any websites to share with us @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO

I actually got in off facebook about a year ago during a sale.

I will see what I can find but probably deleted all the emails by now.

Most of the people I was with during the holiday have said that are going to get one after seeing it perform.

From memory it was only about £40.00.

I have a little power unit like that.  Well worth the money (particularly that my Westfield Oddysey battery seems to be losing interest after four years)!  On the current charge, the power unit has started my Cosworth (when I left stuff on overnight on my recent John o' Groats trip), the family pool car Skoda Octavia VRS (twice as it has been parked recently due to a broken road spring) and the Westfield four times.  It is still showing four light (out of four).  It has taken 2 litre diesels and my V6 Clio in its stride over the last few years and, as, in its pack, it is the size of a hardback novel, it is so convenient to tuck down the side of a seat or in a corner of the boot.  Invaluable.

Simon

• Like 2

Any news on Chris and the gang?

Are they managing with an extra battery or did they get an alternator?

I have an option of taking my alternator off my car and getting another one when the shops are open if the battery strategy isn’t working.

Its there as an option anyway.

• Like 2

Chris is currently running a second battery.

568AD268-B5CC-46F6-AE6E-F5CA522111C8.jpeg

Going to to give him a call, see how he wants to play it.

Will update everyone shortly, many thanks for all the offers.

Right, if you can get an alternator that fits a Blacktop to the Fairways Travellodge in Inverness their evening, (their eta is around 19.15 hrs) that would be superb!

If anyone can still make it there, give me a call on 07769 908575 or drop me a text on the same number, and I’ll text you Chris’s mobile number, so you can coordinate!

Many, many thanks for all the kind offers and advice.

Dave,

I'll give Chris a call. Don't know if mine is suitable, so does anyone know? My engine is a 1600cvh.

If it will be suitable, I can take it to him.

Okay just took a photo of mine. Don’t know if Dave’s fits but here is mine which I think will fit.

E255FDDF-4FD4-479E-870C-161BA0EEA6A1.jpeg

Looks very similar.

Their hotel is only 6 miles away from my home, I'll meet them there.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Ace Rimmer

Just in case you have not seen Red Dwarf.,,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Just in case you have not seen Red Dwarf.,,

I'm glad you clarified as rimmer has a different meaning to a lot of people, I've been told! Hence your complement could be mis-understood! 😄

More importantly, are you back on the road with a working alternator! If not, can you please ensure your😎 go pro focuses on the passenger foot well, as I'm keen to see the sparks when you ECU tray hits the battery positive, should it become unlatched 

1 hour ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

s I'm keen to see the sparks when you ECU tray hits the battery positive, should it become unlatched 

🤣