Calling all in the Inverness region, Zetec alternator, desperately needed!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

No, this is not your normal wanted advert!

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO Is doing a Scottish tour this weekend, and his alternator has gone, the group are currently heading towards Inverness, but Chris is on battery power only and desperately in need of a replacement Lucas ACR alternator to keep him going.

Ive spoken to @David-hrv who recommended trying Autosave Scotland, who had a branch near by - they were very helpful, but don’t carry Zetec alternators in stock unfortunately.

Can anyone else help/recommend somewhere to try?

What about Bob, Ziplob.

I think he is a parts manager at a ford dealership.

Just checked my stock of parts and I must have thrown the alternator from the last engine swap as it was different. Am trying to get hold of someone who may have one.

Thanks Gary!

27 minutes ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

What about Bob, @ziplob

I think he is a parts manager at a ford dealership.

Thanks Geoffrey, fingers crossed Bob May see this.

1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Thanks Geoffrey, fingers crossed Bob May see this.

I have text Chris and given him Bobs contact details.

Struggling to get hold of folk but where is Chris? Eurocarparts in Inverness are open until 16:00. They couldn’t tell me what they have in stock without a part number and I am about 70 mins away so no help there. I will keep trying my pal who has a small auto shop here in Fort William.

IV1 1SU is the post code for euro car parts. It’s in an industrial estate just below the Kessock bridge.

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO & @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary get the Whatsapp live location sharing going then people can see roughly where he is and hence those will local knowledge can help the search.

Is it possible to keep swapping batteries within the group? Some one else charges it while Chris runs theirs down....?

Hi Russ, when I spoke to Chris, they were just buying a spare battery so they could swap round and keep one on charge.

My pal doesn’t carry alternators but I could get a battery and a charger off him. He is willing to go and open up the shop.

The above sounds like a plan if he is too far away from Inverness.

• Like 1

I took this with me and with it we kept a Westfield going for most of the holiday in Switzerland. His alternator also packed in.

It also started another car with a flat battery and charged a phone to allow a call to the recovery services.

Well worth carrying.

IMG_5409.JPG

• Like 5