Summer Westfield World

It Almost Looks Like A Car

The latest edition of Westfield World arrived today.

It is brilliant, pages 8 and 9 especially. Thank you Sharon and Jude for sharing two wonderful stories about their families and their cars. 

Stories like these, tragic and uplifting, are what makes the WSCC the friendly club it is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's certainly another cracking issue, well done and thank you to everyone who contributed.

Just finished reading it. Great issue! Judes story was hearbreaking to read but it's lovely to see the car being used and kept in the family. A lovely way for Jude to keep the memory of her husband with her. 

I hope i never have to part with my Westie, but if i do, it would be great to be able to get it back a few years down the line! 

Good coverage of the Stoneleigh show too. I was there on the Monday and had a great day, even if the show does seem to be shrinking. 😢

Nice article on Patrick from Westfield sports cars Ltd. Good to be able to put a face to the name, as he has been a regular visitor to the site and seems to be forging some good links between the club and the company. He has a good history with niche cars by the looks of it, and seems to be doing a great job for Westfield.

I do look forward to my copy of the magazine falling on the doormat! Thanks to all involved, Keep up the good work! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not got mine yet! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Not got mine yet! 

Oops! Sorry for the spoilers...😱 

I'm usually the last to get mine...

• Like 1

Cracking read this time 😁

Yes very good issue all round:yes:

I especially liked the great article written by Chris Savage on 3d printing.

Well done to all involved. :)

My issue had some dust on pages 8-9 that affected my eyes and made them water... :down: anyone else have dust in their issue?

Well done to all those who contributed, fine work :t-up:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Not got mine yet! 

It came this morning. 

Not read it yet, just looked at the pictures. 

• Haha 1

Well what a great issue, I'me expecting an email or call from Rob Hitchman from The Air Ambulance about his pictures and content he had such great enthusiasm at Stoneleigh! .....................and as for @Jude - The Mad Widow who I met for a short time at Stoneleigh when I next see you can I give you a big hug please? as I am so moved and humbled after reading you story :)

• Like 1

I've received this reply from Rob Hitchman from The Air Ambulance which I thought I would share, to say Rob was more than happy with making the front cover pic in an understatement :d

''Hi Marcus,

Thank you for being as good as your word, very kindly arranging to send me a copy of the club's magazine. It arrived yesterday (Saturday), and to say that I was stunned and astonished to make the cover would be an understatement!

I'm humbled to receive a copy, and I'll cherish it as a very happy reminder of summer 2019.

Thanks again for your generosity and thoughtfulness. It really means a great deal to me.

I wish you every success for the club and its events, this year and long into the future.

Best regards,

Rob Hitchman, Air Ambulance Volunteer.''

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, marcusb said:

I've received this reply from Rob Hitchman from The Air Ambulance which I thought I would share, to say Rob was more than happy with making the front cover pic in an understatement :d

''Hi Marcus,

Thank you for being as good as your word, very kindly arranging to send me a copy of the club's magazine. It arrived yesterday (Saturday), and to say that I was stunned and astonished to make the cover would be an understatement!

I'm humbled to receive a copy, and I'll cherish it as a very happy reminder of summer 2019.

Thanks again for your generosity and thoughtfulness. It really means a great deal to me.

I wish you every success for the club and its events, this year and long into the future.

Best regards,

Rob Hitchman, Air Ambulance Volunteer.''

@marcusb such a small thing can make such a big difference. Better engagement with our chosen charity can only lead to good things. Many thanks for making this gesture and sharing the results with us!